anyone have nightmares and dreams after surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anxiety

anxiety

Barb & Marvin
I just had my surgery on 1/14 and I too am still experiencing nightmares. I also am experiencing panic attacks when I do new things. Simple things. I actually fear going to sleep because I'm afraid of waking up in a nightmare. However, they are diminishing a little each week that passes. Everyone I have spoken to tells me this is very normal after a traumatic experience and it will go away on it's own once I feel better. If it doesn't I will not hesitate to seek counseling to get through this because the nightmares and panic attacks make me feel like I'm nuts. In reality I know I'm not. I think these situations are also happening because I feel a loss of control over my body and health. I went from being an independent, female parole officer to a bed ridden heart patient overnight. What happened? The change in life style and acceptance of this situation I believe also contribute to the nightmares and panic attacks. Tell Marvin he is not alone and I hope we both get rid of the anxiety.
Marvin, hope your feeling better.
dawnwit15

Latest posts

Back