On-X LTI 15 Years of Clinical Excellence On-X LTI 15 Years of Clinical Excellence

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Welcome to the New VR.org!

Thank you for your patience while we continue to fine tune the site. All paid registrations will be extended for whatever duration of time it takes us to get things working properly.
See more
See less

Lump in groin area

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lump in groin area

Hi all...I had my aortic valve replaced 3 years ago. Six months ago I noticed a hard, non-tender lump on my right side in the groin area. This is the same side that I had one of my incisions for the surgery. I was wondering if anybody else has had scar tissue from this surgery in the groin area. I am scheduled to see a surgeon on Friday for a possible biopsy of this area. Thanks for any info!!

Yes. I had the same thing. It took about 6 months to get back to normal. almost that is. I can still feel a slight firmness in that spot. (about 15 months post op) This is where they inserted the heart lung machine tubes to keep you alive during surgery.
    But 3 years seems a bit much although I doubt it is a cancerous growth. Good Luck.
    -enkaynj. Edward LifeSciences Corp. Bovine Pericardial Tissue Heart Valve. Model#3300TFX Implanted on July 6, 2011 by Dr.Michael Mack, The Heart Hospital at Baylor Plano, TX.

Comment

Working...
    X