My post op Video Journal

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sjrlax69

Hey guys since I have a lot of time on my hands recovering from my operation I decided to make a video journal of my recovery and hopefully I can provide some answers to other people on the internet below is a link to my most recent video- Check it out and maybe you guys will start your own journals. -Chris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7AjDW5kYnY

Chris, I think you did a really good job, explaining things (I watched both videos) It will probably help alot of people. We've kept an online journal for the last couple of surgeries Justin had, and we've heard from quite a few families even a couple years later about how it helped to read when he was able to do different things. I think being able to see and hear you talk about your experience will be even better. Plus it's a good way to be able to remember when you were able to do different things when some time passes and part of it becomes a blur.
BTW you look great.

That's really great and will be really useful to those waiting and recovering (especially younger people).
Your comments about neck/shoulder pain are spot on! I've found that pain far worse than sternum pain. Just trying to get comfortable, especially at night, is so difficult. I'm 31 days post-surgery now so hopefully this will start to improve as my activity levels improve even more.
Well done!
Cheers, Alli

Chris
So happy your recovery is going well....and you can be proud, you did a very good job with your video... thank you for making it!!! I agree, muscle pain is worse than the sternal pain, except maybe that top notch area, mine is very swollen. I already had prior back injuries, plus the 2 syncope falls , one only 3 days before surgery. Both times, I came down on my back. So wasn't that I was surprised about the neck, shoulder, upper and lower back pain, just it's intensity. The Doctor and nurses told me, being flat on our backs with our arms out stretched, for so many hours on a hard surface...contributes the the muscle spasms, as well.
Since I came home on the 20Th.... I have used the Medical chair ( a caring friend bought me) to sleep in, so much more comfortable, than trying to sleep on my back in bed, at this stage. I actually slept 4 1/2 hours straight last night........so the chair has made alot of difference for me.
Sending positive thoughts your way...keep us posted :)
Renee

Go Team 2011 !!! 4/14/2011 AVR with Edwards "Magna" Bovine Tissue Valve w/ a triple CABG

Hey Chris

I got alot out of your videos about OHS. It was good to see you so calm I agree with your comments about the waiting game!

How are you going now?

Cheers

Ruby

Latest posts

Back