Can you feel PVCs in your throat?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathy McCain

I noticed now that I have been off the metoprolol I seem to be getting more PVCs. They are extremely annoying. I can even feel it in my throat, or neck. Has anyone else eperienced this? It's like a little jumping sensation.

Thanks in advance

I'm feeling them in my stomach right now. I feel them in my throat depending on my position. With hard pillows, reclined, and standing I can feel it in my throat. It seems I can feel them the least lying on my right side with a down pillow under my head and holding a large fluffy pillow, almost in fetal position. Sometimes hunching forward helps too. These are so annoying. Sorry to hear you are having more now. PVCs have become my nemesis.

Yes, I noticed also when I'm lying in bed at night the left side of my neck the pulse is REALLY strong. Not so much during the day. You can feel it more when you are on your left side. I usually try to sleep on the right.

Beta Blockers are often prescribed to prevent / minimize PAC's and PVC's.

Some Doctors will work with you to find the minimum dose that controls those arrhythmias to minimize the side effects from the Beta Blockers, i.e., mostly lethargy with higher doses.

Why did you go OFF your Beta Blocker?

I don't have them like I used to...but not only do I feel them in my throat; I feel them before they happen.
If you hook me up to a heart monitor, I can tell you it's coming before it registers on the screen.
I had to prove it to my docs a few years ago.....

Mine are the worst when I lean back in a soft sofa, or if the seat in the car is tilted a bit back.
Sitting perfectly straight is easiest, and I guess it's the most healthy for the sake of my back. (small bonus)

Beta Blockers are often prescribed to prevent / minimize PAC's and PVC's.

Some Doctors will work with you to find the minimum dose that controls those arrhythmias to minimize the side effects from the Beta Blockers, i.e., mostly lethargy with higher doses.

Why did you go OFF your Beta Blocker?

Even though I was on a very low dose of Metoprolol, (12 1/2mg) it made me VERY lethargic. Also, I guess I can say it (ha) made me constipated! My bp is still pretty low. Resting heartrate stays in the sixties, seventies. My GP says there are a couple of different beta blockers that don't cause these specific side effects. Can't remember what they were though.

You should check into Coreg, of all the betablockers I've been on that one was the most tolerable as far as side effects go and even though it was prior to surgery I never had PVCs on it but I did have PVCs before that. I was on a tiny dose too. I have low blood pressure so I always get baby doses of beta blockers.

Latest posts

Back