Broken ribs need Mitral valve repair

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Michaelka

This is the continuation of my Pre-surgery post. My friend Al wil be posting my status on this site starting Monday Feb 6. He will let you know what my status. I will have my phone number forwarded to a few contact people (Vonage makes that easy. So the next message about my condition will be from Al F. Take it away Al.:D

Once again, best wishes, Michael. We'll be awaiting the first post-surgery post with bated breath.

Post-surgery Mitral Valve Repair

Post-surgery Mitral Valve Repair

Good luck. We'll be thinking of you and looking forward to updates on your recovery.

This is Al F. I have know Michael since 1980 and we have remained good friends throughout the decades. We met in Wiesbaden, West Germany while we were both serving in the Air Force.

I will be updating this thread until Michael recovers sufficiently to carry on himself. We are all praying for him today as he begins surgery.

Yesterday (Sunday), Michael watched our beloved Seahawks play in their first SuperBowl game at our home. He brought red wine and summer sausage. I supplied Michael's fav candy, licorice. He left our home at 6 PM to sleep until 3:30 am when he plans on getting up for his 5:30 AM ride to the hospital.

If you want to know more about me, follow this link: www.felkerhome.com.

Al,
I'm glad you will be able to post for Michael while he's away from the computer. It's always great to have good friends at a time like this.
Mary

Al -

Al -

Thanks for posting for Michael. You sound like a super friend. We will be anxious to hear how his surgery went and I'm sure he will be fine. It is quite the experience, though, and my thoughts and prayers are with him.

Christina L

AArgh and Double AARGH!!

AArgh and Double AARGH!!

I had a slight temp today and my surgery was called off. I felt great (except for the flock of butterflies flying around in my stomache)

However, the surgery was on a holding pattern. I got home, checked my temp and wouldn't you know it, it was normal.

Ok, this is starting to get slightly anoying......

IV lines 101

IV lines 101

I think the hospital just broke out a new line of IV's. I normally never have a problem being poked and prodded, however I think this last batch of IV's were of the new corkscrew variety.

I usually judge blood draws on a 1-3 scale.

1 Mosquito (very good)
2 Bee sting (big bees and small bees)
3.Wasp and Hornet stings. (These actually make you say ouch).

Today they were using the new Charles Krug Cellers (My favorite vintor by the way), Corkscrew IV lines. They went way past the hornet sting stage. Very unusual.

It was not me being hyper sensitive to the needle because the blood draws and IV's were pretty much split between mosquito and Corkscrew IV line.

So sorry it was called off. What was your temp? Wondering if you just couldn't have been running a bit of one because of stress.

Also, thank you for having your friend Al post for you. That's very thoughtful of you to know we'd be waiting anxiously for good news.

Any idea when you give it a go again?

I think you forgot #4 - Roto rooter (that's the one they save for me).

Sorry to hear this; it's happened to others here - I know I'd have been in a funk if it happened to me. After all - you can only be brave enough to walk into that hospital for ohs just so many times . . .

Hope they get to you soon, Michael. Hang in there.

I cried when they postponed

I cried when they postponed

my surgery to the next day, while in Cleveland. However, you sound like you are rolling with the punches (or blood draws), so to speak. Good for you. Has your surgery been rescheduled?

Christina L

No rescheduled date yet

No rescheduled date yet

It looks like i will have to go back and forth from the eastside of Bellevue to
Seattle once a day to give blood for cultures.

Another cushing blow, my house that my (soon to be ex-wife) are selling has a lot of water in the crawlspace. Current estimates are about $10k.

I don't have it. My soon-to-be-ex has made no contributions towards the house yet at all. She took my money, ran and it was my job to fix the house. I am already out at least 8k and I simply do not have any more. she now is not returning my calls or the real estate agent.

We had a buyer, but their inspection revealed a lot of damage. It looks like I may just loose the house in foreclosure.

I really do not like days like this. My realtor just seems to call me up and says something idiodic like "by the way the blahblahblah needs repair" I need you to put $5000 on your credit card to fix it before I can sell it.

Well this turnup is dry. I am behind on mortgages, I have already invested in new carpet, paint and about 10k other work, now the realtor wants more. I really have had it. The well is dry. Plus my wife called me yesterday and asked me during the superbowl game, what arrangements I made in case I died. Just like that! I told her that until the court says otherwise we are still legally married and it is a community property state. she seemed happy and hung up the phone.

It was not "how are you"? It was "How much do I get if you are dead?"

I was shocked. But in another way it illistrated what I was living with the last 14 years.

Whew!

:(

So sorry

So sorry

You really are having a crummy day and no "happy juice" to make it tolerable. So sorry that you were not able to have the surgery and get it over with today. Hope it won't be too long before you will join us in postop.

Rescheduled for Friday

Rescheduled for Friday

Well, I am back on for Fridayl. My surgeon actually called me at 9pm last night. (I was going to bed early as I was having some chills) Their call was certainly correct. I had a 38c temp in both ears.

At home I was still 101 and finally down to 98.6 this morning.

So I told the Doc that I would be flushing my system with lots of good juices, and resting more than usual. He said great then there was an opening Friday and he would reschdule.

I guess I am glad it was cancelled, it would not have been fun having chills after the surgery.

The cultures came up negative again. They still do not have a clue as to why I am occasionally spiking temps. Yes it is possible it is stress. I certanly am about an 11 on the 1-10 scale. How could stress cause a temp issue though?

In any case I feel better this morning, a little dizzy. I slept in and got 9 hours of real sleep. I plan on doing that the next few nights as well. I do not want a second cancel! (reallistically I do not want to go through the proceedure at all....but that is not to be)

Thanks for all of your prayers and thoughtsl

Michael

You are having a tough, tough week. Maybe after you get past the early post op recovery stages, things will sort themselves out, and you can enjoy a fresh start with your life.

I don't know if the cultures would show a virus - sounds like you might have one. Rx: continue orange juice; add a little vodka for stress. :D

Hi Michael , I'm so sorry to hear your surgery was cancelled and that your having so much trouble with everything else . I' m glad to hear the surgery is back on for Friday. I know this all devastating but you must focus on the surgery. Hang in there buddy !!!:)

Hey Michael,
Hope you are feeling better this evening. Things have really be tough on you lately. You are overdue for good things. I will be praying that you are rested and well for the surgery on Fri and that you sail through with no problems. Are you going to a rehab or back home?

Latest posts

Back