Broken ribs need Mitral valve repair

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sure hope the third time's a charm. Michael really has been put through the wringer on having his replacement.
Please continue to update us Al, and send my kind regards to him.

Well, hallelujah - I'll hold my cyber breath until we hear that all's well, Al. Michael's sure had a hard time getting going on this; I think two aborted surgery days would have put me over the edge.

Thanks for posting; if you talk to him, give him my best.

Please tell him that we are praying for a successful procedure for him. Glad he's finally able to get on with it. Thank you for keeping us posted.

Finally got a computer up too say going in in 8 hours

Finally got a computer up too say going in in 8 hours

It looks like three times is the charm. I will be going in to surgery Wednesday at 05:30.

All three items are still on the list.
Mitral Valve Repair / Replacement
Cox Maze proceedure
Rib repair and / or Nerve Blocks

Anxiously waiting.

And thank you Al for filling in the blanks!

Michael

OPERATION SUCCESSFUL - 3 CHEERS for MICHAEL

OPERATION SUCCESSFUL - 3 CHEERS for MICHAEL

:) Michael went into surgery at 8:30 AM PDT at Virginia Mason hospital in Seattle. He came out of the operation at 1:30 PM. I talked with his mother, Mary, and she said he is already talking to the staff. He will be moved into a room tomorrow. I will try to talk to him then.

Keep your fingers crossed for his swift recovery. :p

Al F.

Great news! Al, if you don't mind, I'm going to create another thread and call it Michaelka out of surgery and copy your post there. That way more people will see the good news.

Michael recovering but still having chest pain

Michael recovering but still having chest pain

Karlynn,

That is fine. Please post a link on this thread so we can follow it from here.

Michael is out of the intensive care unit (ICU) and receiving visitors. I talked to him today and he is still having chest pain at this point. :eek: We will visit him soon to get more info.

Al F.

1 year + anniversary!

1 year + anniversary!

:)

I have made one year plus!!!!
In fact November of 2006 I located a surgeon who attached metal plates to my ribs that were totally disjoined. 2006 was a year that I could have done without. (Except the fact that I might not be alive today to mention the fact if I did not have the two rather major surgeries)

The pain from the chest is now bearable. The rib surgery three plus months ago has faded to a point where the chest pain is still somewhat worse (even after one year)

Overall, the pain really does not ever climb above a -4- for either of the two surgeries at this date.

Attempts to cardiovert me (after 20 years) naturally did not work, so I will be taking coumadin for the rest of my life. (Hopefully it will be a long and happy one now that these two big hurdles are over).

I want to say to all who left emails, thank you so very much and God Bless all of you!

There is life after heart surgery. I have yet to really get back into the swing of living a happy life outdoors, but I have time to do this now.

Whew...... This is enough for one life.

Michaelka said:
:)

I have made one year plus!!!!
In fact November of 2006 I located a surgeon who attached metal plates to my ribs that were totally disjoined. 2006 was a year that I could have done without. (Except the fact that I might not be alive today to mention the fact if I did not have the two rather major surgeries)

The pain from the chest is now bearable. The rib surgery three plus months ago has faded to a point where the chest pain is still somewhat worse (even after one year)

Overall, the pain really does not ever climb above a -4- for either of the two surgeries at this date.

Attempts to cardiovert me (after 20 years) naturally did not work, so I will be taking coumadin for the rest of my life. (Hopefully it will be a long and happy one now that these two big hurdles are over).

I want to say to all who left emails, thank you so very much and God Bless all of you!

There is life after heart surgery. I have yet to really get back into the swing of living a happy life outdoors, but I have time to do this now.

Whew...... This is enough for one life.

Michael,
I've often wondered how you were doing, so I was glad to read your update.
Congratulations on the anniversary milestone and I hope that you have many years of smooth sailing . . . you deserve it!

Happy day!

Happy day!

Wishing you a wonderful valve birthday and many many more to come!!!!! Glad to see you made it!:)

Last year

Last year

I was just recently laid off. This occurred last week on Feb 28. I think the date was planned for financial reasons rather than the stated reason (Poor job performance). Having a layoff on the end of the month is rather suspicious if it was done for poor performance.

BTW, the "Poor Performance" was listed as my inability to work at the speed and quality of work that I was able to accomplish "Before" my surgery.

Time to find a new job.

Congratulations on your anniversary and best wishes that you find a new job that fits your new lease on life and good health.

Latest posts

Back