Warfarin alternatives?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weissarthur

Hello all, first I want to thank this community for its many years of quality and sound good advice!

I am approching 4 years of daily warfarin theropy and began to wonder what life will look like after being on warfarin for 20 years. When I came across this article:
Http://healthdiscoveries.net/warfarin-side-effects.html

"Long term side effects of warfarin? 3 dangerous side effects long term"

I know it's a lot to ask, but please read and weigh in on with your thoughts and opinions.

Again, I'd like to thank all posters in advanced:)

weissarthur;n867479 said:
I am approching 4 years of daily warfarin theropy and began to wonder what life will look like after being on warfarin for 20 years. When I came across this article:
Http://healthdiscoveries.net/warfarin-side-effects.html

"Long term side effects of warfarin? 3 dangerous side effects long term"

I did not read this entire article....but I did skim it. My life is pretty much the same as it was in 1967 (except I am a lot older), when I went on warfarin. Do the math, that's 49 years TODAY. I have all of my hair, look like I'm 60 rather than my actually age of 80, play golf or exercise 5X per week. Sex has gone bye-bye, but I think old age, not warfarin, did that. I don't know where these people come up with this BS.

Stroke? Only a risk if you can't follow simple instructions.......like take the pill and test routinely.

Calcium? Don't know about this one but I don't seem to have a problem via the lab tests my docs routinely run on me.

Alsheimeers? I can't even spell this, but I guarantee I'm still pretty sharp for an 80 year old....I can count all my fingers and toes.....and A+B=C.

For gods sake, don't buy into this type of information. BTW, I think this site is selling snake oil. Their home page lists a cure for everything......using "alternatives" to legitimate Rx........buyer beware!!

Last edited:
I just looked at the url and know that whatever they say is going to be twaddle.
Somehow the science is wrong and some moron discovers the truth.

You have to want to believe.

Don't

Gee the article really bangs the panic drum, maybe the only thing getting hard are the arteries haha

"I recommend urotherapy ... natures gold"

second only to cranberry juice....

Warrick;n867601 said:
"I recommend urotherapy ... natures gold"

second only to cranberry juice....

I only meant to say that your majesty shines out like a shaft of gold when all around is darkness

pellicle;n867617 said:
Rectal cavities
They are scum. They tell people there are 'natural alternatives' to the medications they need to stay alive. Someone believes it, stops their Warfarin (for example) buys their **** and then dies.

I read through that whole bunch of crap. They talk about 'brain strokes' or, in one telling line 'brain stokes'. What other kind of stroke IS there?

Sure, there's a risk of brain hemorrhages IF you take way too much warfarin and it isn't being monitored. You'll probably have uncontrolled bleeding, blood in your urine and other signs of severe coagulation issues before a brain hemorrhage. What they say is sort of TRUE, but you'll have to be something of an idiot to cause this to happen.

What they seem to be pushing (and I didn't sign up for their information) is something like high dose aspirin -- yes, it'll make your platelets less sticky, but will probably burn up your stomach, cause a bleed, and really screw you up.

Ignore this crap. If you see the 'doctor' in this page, stay about a mile or two away from him at all times.

Latest posts

Back