robotic valve replacement

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Does anyone have information about any particular doctor or hospital with lots of experience with robotic mitral valve replacement?

What about replacement?

What about replacement?

Ryen, thanks for your input. Do you know anything about Dr. Murphy's or his hospital's experience with valve replacement?

I believe that Dr. Murphy specializes in repair vs. replacement and will usually try to repair at all costs. But i'm sure they are just as proficient at replacing the valve if need be. I know that once he started working on me, if he couldn't have repaired it he would of given me a mechanical valve due to my young age.

Does anyone have information about any particular doctor or hospital with lots of experience with robotic mitral valve replacement?

You might want to check the Intuitive Surgical site since they make the da Vinci robot, but I don't think there's any valve that can be replaced that way, looks like only mitral valve repair. The site can also refer you to doctors that use and hospitals that have the equipment.
http://www.intuitivesurgical.com/patientresources/conditions/index.aspx

Luana

I had a consultation with Dr Murphy at St Joseph's in Atlanta where Ryan had repair yesterday. He told me if he was unable to repair my valve he would be able to replace it by robotics. He was very nice and took all the time I needed to explain things.

Terri

Good news about mitral valve replacement

Good news about mitral valve replacement

Minimally invasive versus conventional mitral valve surgery: A propensity-matched comparison

Read this report at www.http://jtcs.ctsnetjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/139/4/926

The conclusion of the report is: Within that portion of the spectrum of mitral valve surgery in which propensity matching was possible, minimally invasive mitral valve surgery had cosmetic, blood product use, respiratory, and pain advantages over conventional surgery, and no apparent detriments. Mortality and morbidity for robotic and percutaneous procedures should be compared with these minimally invasive outcomes.

Latest posts

Back