Supporting this site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supporting this site

Just made my six-month, $25 donation to Hank to help keep this site up and running. I don't come here as often as I did, and considered skipping a donation this time around, then thought about all the help I received when I was diagnosed in May 2015, and the support I received before and after my 9/30/15 surgery. The members of this site helped keep me from freaking out and I want it to be around for those who come after. I'm more than happy to contribute $50/year to make that happen.

Not posting to pat myself on the back but to express my thanks to Hank and everyone here who helped (and continue to help) me on this journey.

Hugs,
    Michele
    BAV, severe aortic stenosis replaced and single bypass done 9/30/15 by Dr. Joseph Coselli, CHI St. Luke's Hospital, Houston. Clinical trial Edwards Rapid Deployment Intuity (tissue) Valve. Cardiologist is Dr. Jose Diez, Baylor Clinic.
    Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
    Dalai Lama

This site has taught me more in the ten years since I found it than what I learned, stumbling around medical articles, during my first forty years post surgery. Information and support are critical, before and after, OHS and few sites can match this one in providing "been there, done that" experience. I am way too old to understand the "ins and outs" of Internet financing but I am pretty sure it costs money to maintain a forum like this and I am happy to contribute.
    Starr-Edwards mechanical AVR 1967 at age 31.....University of Kentucky Med. Ctr., Drs. Richard Wood & Gordon Danielson surgeons. No surgery (heart or otherwise) since. On Warfarin ACT since surgery with no diet, lifestyle, or activity restrictions....and I live one day at a time.

Comment

Thanks for the nudge, Honeybunny - just renewed mine too. I agree with you both - a valuable resource, wherever we are in the world.
      Mechanical aortic valve replacement, CABG x 1 and pacemaker, Sept 2014, at age 49. Insulin dependent diabetic.

Comment

I made my donation using the "Donation" link at the top of the page

BAV, severe aortic stenosis replaced and single bypass done 9/30/15 by Dr. Joseph Coselli, CHI St. Luke's Hospital, Houston. Clinical trial Edwards Rapid Deployment Intuity (tissue) Valve. Cardiologist is Dr. Jose Diez, Baylor Clinic.
        Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
        Dalai Lama

Comment

Count me "in" among the "regulars." Hank and Michelle have supported us from the very beginning, and I do a bit to help that continue.

Hank, if you see this, THANK YOU!
          Go Class of 2011!

Steve Epstein
          9 Years in The Waiting Room, then on February 28, 2011,
          AVR with 23mm Edwards Bovine Pericardial Tissue Valve, Model 3300TFX, Pacemaker - Boston Scientific Altrua 60 DDDR IS-1 and CABG (LIMA-LAD) at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago by Dr. Patrick McCarthy and the most wonderful team of professionals I could ask for. New pacemaker (Boston Scientific L101) and ventricular lead, July, 2016.

Comment

Working...
          X