On-X Aortic Heart Valves: Safer with Less Warfarin On-X Aortic Heart Valves: Safer with Less Warfarin

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intend to raise funds for this site .... Doing the three peaks challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intend to raise funds for this site .... Doing the three peaks challenge

I benefitted enormously from this forum 9 to 12 months ago before, during and after the valve replacement I had. 9 months after the op I feel fantastic and am healthier and fitter than I have been in probably 20 years. I am 52 years old ... Working and traveling the world in my job ... In the last 9 months I have averaged 10,000 steps a day and am about 25 pounds lighter ...
    With some work colleagues I have signed up to do the three peaks challenge .. http://www.threepeakschallenge.uk/na...eaks-challenge . For those outside the uk this involves claiming and descending the three highest mountains in Scotland, England and Wales and travelling between them completing all three inside twenty four hours ... The walking distance is about 26 miles ... The vertical ascent is 9,000 +'feet in total and the same back down 😀 ... I would not have dreamed of doing this one, two,five or ten years ago.

This activity is done typically for recognised charities. There are many worthy causes but I have decided to raise funds to donate to the running of this forum. My employer will match contributions .... I will post a link to a justgiving page in the next few days ... I am not asking specifically for any donations ... That is a matter for each of us individually ... But all funds I raise from friends, family, colleagues and others will be donated here.

I see how many people have been helped here ... I would like to give back something.

Vincent

Thank you so much for doing something I cannot possibly. Count me in on donating.
    BAV, severe aortic stenosis replaced and single bypass done 9/30/15 by Dr. Joseph Coselli, CHI St. Luke's Hospital, Houston. Clinical trial Edwards Rapid Deployment Intuity (tissue) Valve. Cardiologist is Dr. Jose Diez, Baylor Clinic.
    Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
    Dalai Lama

Comment

Working...
    X