Freedom to roam (or unusual INR testing locations)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pellicle

Professional Dingbat, Guru and Merkintologist
Hi

being here in Australia now (having arrived from Finland a couple weeks ago) I have (of course) tested my INR a couple of times. I thought that as I'm going to be travelling around a bit that when I'm in a new location that's not "home" (or is at least where my hat is) that I'd post a picture of the INR test in that location.

So, being winter, the house was too cold to test in up here (as to why Australians don't heat their homes is another topic) so as I got a Low Temp alert (meaning I can't test) on my machine I went out to the back of the car shed, put the little black case in the sun on a chair behind the car and waited for it to warm up.

35190443480_48a7eb4485_c.jpg

and admired the view for a bit while it warmed up ...

34736534814_128022fd26_c.jpg

INR was 2.3 ... happy with that ... leaving dose alone (as is the norm even if there is squiggle in INR value)

If anyone desires to add to this thread with a picture of their unusual INR testing location please do

:)

So you guys don't heat your houses "down" there? I have an old oil boiler ( basically burns diesel fuel) that gives hydronic heat but just last week installed Mitsubishi mini splits for a/c . They also have a heat pump that's good down to -13 F. I almost went with "traditional" central air but couldn't pass on the efficiency of the mini splits and the heating capability. Not a lot to do with your post but....

pellicle;n877523 said:
Hi

being here in Australia now (having arrived from Finland a couple weeks ago) I have (of course) tested my INR a couple of times. I thought that as I'm going to be travelling around a bit that when I'm in a new location that's not "home" (or is at least where my hat is) that I'd post a picture of the INR test in that location.

So, being winter, the house was too cold to test in up here (as to why Australians don't heat their homes is another topic) so as I got a Low Temp alert (meaning I can't test) on my machine I went out to the back of the car shed, put the little black case in the sun on a chair behind the car and waited for it to warm up.

35190443480_48a7eb4485_c.jpg

and admired the view for a bit while it warmed up ...

34736534814_128022fd26_c.jpg

INR was 2.3 ... happy with that ... leaving dose alone (as is the norm even if there is squiggle in INR value)

If anyone desires to add to this thread with a picture of their unusual INR testing location please do

:)

that almost sounds like a challenge.. :) I'll see what I can rustle up in the next few weeks...

winter is still proving a challenge with house interiors too cold (triggering the alarm) so I now have moved into the shed at another mates place for AM testing.

5 minutes per side in the fresh morning sun to warm up my black coagucheck case and then do the test on the workbench (beside the oil filter for my Yamaha which will be changed later today)

36968825535_0a2b4faebe_b.jpg

Being in a rural area I'd have to drive 50Km to get a blood test (if I was still tied to those ratbags)

Freedom

Being in Southern California, and without air conditioning, I've had the opposite problem -- the meter gets TOO WARM for testing. I've run into this issue with the CoaguChek XS and the Coag-Sense. To overcome this issue, I find a shadier or cooler location.
As far as pictures go, a cutting board in my kitchen, or tabletop are about all I use. Nothing interesting here.

Hi

Protimenow;n879515 said:
Being in Southern California, and without air conditioning, I've had the opposite problem -- the meter gets TOO WARM for testing.

That comes here too when we get 40°C in the summer ;-)

Its just that it was winter when I reported that

At least the temperature extremes don't make the strips unusable when the temperature is back within testing range.
I had to refrigerate my Protime strips. It's nice to be past that issue.

Latest posts

Back