Finally set up with home monitoring

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watson524

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hi all,

Thanks to the help and guidance of all the great people here, I finally got mom set up with home testing through Roche. The nurse came out Friday for the training and we'll do weekly testing. Apparently the Coaguchex app only exists for apple and we run all android but I can submit online so that'll be easy.

Also as a follow up to this thread, http://www.valvereplacement.org/forums/forum/anti-coagulation/871207-inr-above-8-0, we ended up settling at S-M-W-F-S at 5mg and T-Th at 2.5mg which had her with the finger stick in the lab at 2.4, 2.3 and 2.6. This past Friday at home was 2.4 so we're staying the course. Not sure why she's down 5mg overall / week from before that wicked spike no one could ever explain but we'll go with it. And with easy weekly home testing now, it'll be even easier to stay on top of.

The nurse said that they don't auto send supplies right in the beginning so I just need to call to order when I open the second bottle of 6 strips in a month - we used 2 on Friday because the first time I did it during the training, I didn't get enough blood up into the right spot so it moved up into the strip where it needed to go but the second one was easy once I figured it all out.

Thanks again all!

No the training was good, but when I went to "slide" the strip across mom's finger to get the blood on there, I was pressing to hard and it "skipped" over. Given mom's neurological condition her hands sometimes shake too so I learned I just have to have a firm hold on her finger.

I used the same but I do have an apple which made it very easy. I am now just doing it on my own with my own supplies and just phoning the results into the anticoagulant clinic. My insurance company has a high deductible. I couldn't afford the $164 per month so just now just have to buy cheap strips :)

Latest posts

Back