Greetings Everyone

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmyk

I haven’t been in touch for a while and wanted to say hi to everybody. Hope everyone is doing well.
I’m supposed to have a CT scan coming up soon. Must admit that I’m a bit nervous about it, but on the other hand, I’m anxious to put this aortic aneurism surgery behind me.
After my AVR in June of 2017, I’ve shared numerous times about gaining weight. In one year I put on 50 pounds, but happy to say that I have lost 30 of those pounds and feel great.
Wishing everyone the best!!!!

Well I do the 40 minutes of waking, but with the dog and going to work. I haven't tried to stop eating 3 hours before bed. That's be hard to do, but I think I should. THANKS!

All my GP said was "You need to get used to being hungry." My cardio said "Well my mother has had success with Weight Watchers." Your advice is more to the point.

Thanks a lot.

Wishing you the best as well. Try not to worry, it never works...:)

Congrats, JimmyK. I dropped 30 about a year ago pretty much the same way. The changes diet part consisted of snacking primarily on fresh fruit instead of junk. No cookies at work. Bring an apple and blueberries (which are high in Vitamin K, I read, so dose your diet).

I also greatly escalated the activity level once the pounds were gone. I’ve since loosened up my diet restrictions and have kept the weight off with a YMCA membership. I run a couple times a week and take two or three classes at the Y doing cardio or lifting or both. I still walk 40 minutes daily at lunch time too.

Latest posts

Back