Hospital stays, talk with surgeon

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

Jimmyk;n884075 said:
I’m on 7.5 daily and on Friday’s I cut one in half and take 3.75.

ok

Here, I’m still on 7.5 daily,with a10 mg dose on Friday.

ok ... so they're not "tapering you on" ... how long since you resumed warfarin?

also on heparin drip, which was just resumed now.

in theory heparin shouldn't interfere with INR measurements although myself I'm not across how it can't

It caught someone’s attention in the lab, so after retesting, it turned out to be 1.8.

I'd say it was an errant read too, but should be soon now ... (and why let you go early when they can bill your company for another few thousand)

Pellicle,
The Coumadin was started about 3 days ago, along with the heparin drip. After getting the false inr reading the heparin was discontinued. Then the mixup was revealed, and the heparin was re started. Funny thing is, while still taking an elevated dose of Coumadin, it went down.3 %

Hi
Jimmyk;n884099 said:
Pellicle,
The Coumadin was started about 3 days ago, along with the heparin drip. ... Funny thing is, while still taking an elevated dose of Coumadin, it went down.3 %

if you look at the graph in my blog post on my experience around surgery it took a full 7 days to get my INR back to the territory you are talking about on my "regular dose".

If I needed to do that again I'd ramp up my doses more at the start than I did (clear from my graph) and then with daily INR testing bring that back into my regular dose as I see the INR responding.

Of course hospitals don't know enough to do that...

Here is that graph from that blog post:

2017colonoscopyINR.jpg

Latest posts

Back