Echo Cardiogram retest question

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonJustice

Its been awhile since I have posted, for background, I am currently 45 yrs old, I had BAV and thus OHS w/ a mechanical valve replacement along with a graft for an ascending aortic aneurysm in 2009. Second OHS in 2012 when it was discovered that a hole in the graft (most likely from original OHS) created a false aneurysm that thankfully never burst. Since then things have been fine for the most part.

However, I had an echo done yesterday and was told to comeback Friday for another Echo, they want contrast on my graft? All I have been told is that the Echo matches last year overall, but the physician who reviewed the Echo wanted "contrast" to "view the flow of the graft into the native ascending aorta"? Does anyone have any experience with his and knowledge on what it could mean?

Hey Jon

JonJustice;n883021 said:
...Second OHS in 2012 when it was discovered that a hole in the graft (most likely from original OHS) created a false aneurysm that thankfully never burst. Since then things have been fine for the most part....I had an echo done yesterday and was told to comeback Friday for another Echo, they want contrast on my graft? All I have been told is that the Echo matches last year overall, but the physician who reviewed the Echo wanted "contrast" to "view the flow of the graft into the native ascending aorta"? Does anyone have any experience with his and knowledge on what it could mean?

well not directly like that but mine goes like this: I had an echo done (first in many years due to OS living and travel) and they didn't "chatter much" ... 2 days later I got a phone call saying that they'd booked me in for a CT Scan and even if the paperwork does not arrive by mail to attend that. Then a week later (still no feedback to me) I got a request for an angiogram ... it was there (while still on the table) that the cardiologist informed me that I had an aneurysm.

So what I'm saying is that "it looks like they've found something", as to what I don't know.

Now that I've had my 3rd OHS (back in 2011) the only thing which anyone worries about now is where the aortic artery attaches to the graft., mine dialated a bit but has stabilised.

Don't sweat it, and just be chill (which is pretty much what I did between those visits above). Its not worth trying to "read into it" any diagnosis your self.

Best Wishes

Latest posts

Back