Blood Pressure Struggles

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Really frustrated with my blood pressure. Im on Amlodipine and Losartan(max dosage) and today my bp was 146/95 at the doctors office.

Doctor suggested wearing a 24 hr blood pressure monitor but I’ve already been taking it a ton at home and don’t want the continued anxiety. (Full disclosure my family doc is a real loon, my cardiologist is much more calm than he is about my bp)

It’s important for me to keep my bp down cause of my BAV and diolated aorta(3.6 root, 4.0 arch). Without meds my bp is usually 130s-140s / 70s-80s. It is sometimes in the 120s too. But the max dose of these two meds doesn’t seem to be lowering it much. Is that normal? Is the ineffectiveness a bad sign?

We tried beta blockers and they immediately dropped my bp into 120s/60s, but it lowered my heart rate into the 40s and gave me ectopic beats(PAC, PVC)

anyone have have similar issues or insight to share?

My neighbor has similar BP issues (just can't get it down below 180), although one difference is that she's chill with it along with her Dr ... and perhaps another is that she's 86 (and pretty active) ... my BP hits 148 when I go to the dentist ... back to 120 / 80 the next day

my point is that if your cardio knows this and isn't panicked then .. maybe you shouldn't either...

Last edited:
Back