Surgery done

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amarG

Folks,
Had my surgery on Tuesday at Stanford. Went with the Resilia valve. Recovery has been smooth so far. One day in icu. And they plan on discharging on Sunday if all goes well. Thanks to all of you for your advice and support.

Best Regards

Hey

welcome to the other side ... hope you have a smooth recovery.

As always I say "follow the guidelines, don't push too hard, but keep up the slow and steady recovery"

walk walk walk

I don't know if its standard across all hospitals, but if you get one do the breathing exersize with those little balls

81zlALju7IL._SL1500_.jpg

best wishes

Excellent news same valve as me as well, good luck with the recovery i am 18 days post recovery and even though i am shattered it gets better every day.

Amar , glad to hear it went well. Was actually thinking about checking in on you a couple of days ago to see if you made your mind up. Apparently you have,hoping for a smooth recovery.

astle9;n881976 said:
Excellent news same valve as me as well, good luck with the recovery i am 18 days post recovery and even though i am shattered it gets better every day.

Hi there, I was wondering what you meant by shattered. Where did you have your valve replaced and by whom?

amarG;n881971 said:
Folks,
Had my surgery on Tuesday at Stanford. Went with the Resilia valve. Recovery has been smooth so far. One day in icu. And they plan on discharging on Sunday if all goes well. Thanks to all of you for your advice and support.

Best Regards

Wishing you an uneventful and quick recovery and many happy years with this valve. I hope it's the last one you ever need.

my aortic valve was replaced 19 days ago in New Cross Hospital Wolverhampton in the UK and i had the new Inspiris valve the surgeon was named Mr Nicoladis (sp) and by shattered i mean tired from recovery.

tigerlily;n881995 said:
Hi there, I was wondering what you meant by shattered.
astle9;n881999 said:
by shattered i mean tired from recovery.
I had to smile - this is the second time one of us Brits has used a word that our American cousins are not familiar with the usage of. I once wrote on forum that a doctor had said I had a "stonking murmur" which some forum members wondered if it was a medical term LOL

Here in the dictionary for 'shattered':
adjective: broken into many pieces: a snaky line of shattered glass.
• (of something abstract) damaged or destroyed: a pale illusion of their shattered dreams.
British informal exhausted: I usually feel too shattered to do more than crawl into bed.

I hope you're feeling less shattered now Andy !

Last edited:
Well, it sounds like you’re on the right track. Just keep on with following most of the instructions and you’ll soon be doing much better. Remember, recovery takes place over time, so you may not feel the progress you’re making. Just stay with it.

Latest posts

Back