Vitamin k2

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmyk

Does anyone here take vitamin k2 supplements?
ive been reading that it helps with the problem of calcification of the arteries.
It took me a few weeks to get at my target INR range. My last 2 visits I was in range. I'd hate to screw that up and have to start going to the clinic every week again.
I'm still learning about this drug warfarin.
any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Quite a many

But mostly self testers...

Learning about warfarin requires you to do the yards and see the results. If you don't do the "prac" then quite simply you never learn anything.

Testing weekly is no longer a chore (but a 5min task) when you self test.

And being in range is a relative thing.

If you want to dabble (and you should) then move from being a passenger into the driver's seat...

http://cjeastwd.blogspot.com/2014/09/managing-my-inr.html

Best Wishes

Pellicle,
Thanks for sharing your blog page, there's a lot of useful information. I also have a coaguchek xs.
last week I wasted 3 strips trying to get a reading. I got 3 error 5's . Just couldn't get a big enough drop. I'll have to try your tip with the rubber band.
I planned on testing today, to see if eating some garlic yesterday, caused any changes.
Thanks again

Hi Jimmy

Glad the blog is handy for you :)

Jimmyk;n878489 said:
I also have a coaguchek xs.
last week I wasted 3 strips trying to get a reading. I got 3 error 5's . Just couldn't get a big enough drop. I'll have to try your tip with the rubber band.

The rubber band works well, but if you have low circulation or your hands are cold you still won't get much blood.

Before committing a strip, try just lancing on a dry run and check that the blood drop is sufficient. Note the colour of your fingertips and see if you can learn (without wasting a strip) what a "good sample" finger is going to look like.

I wasted quite a few strips when I first got my machine and was disheartened for a couple of months. Keep at it, don't feel pressured and it will all come together.

Make sure you lance the side not the tip. I've already lost feeling in my lance point from 5 years of pin pricks.
​​​​​​

Play the long game :)

When my hands are cold e.g. Feel cool against body I wear a mitt until they warm up and that usually solves the problem.
happy sticking!

lance;n878803 said:
When my hands are cold e.g. Feel cool against body I wear a mitt until they warm up and that usually solves the problem.
happy sticking!
Also I've been taking 100mgs of Vitamin K2 for several years to help regulate INR and self test.

Back