Valve-in-Valve TAVR as safe as native valve TAVR

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry -- I don't know if that is legal or not. I hadn't realized that it was behind a pay wall. Is it?

Ya can't read it currently. So when they say it's safer than tavr in your native valve what are the numbers on each. I'm by nature an optimist but is it a case that one is unsafe and the other is slightly less unsafe?

Weird -- it won't let me access the article either, although clearly I was able to do so this morning. ???

Sometimes if you are browsing Medscape it will accidentally let you see an article you aren't supposed to be able to see. I think that is what happened here. Sorry I have no other info.

So, also strange -- if you run a search for "valve in valve TAVR safe" on Yahoo, one of the hits will be this article, and you CAN see it on Medscape if you access it that way.

Looks like the sample size was about 1500 patients who underwent native valve TAVR and 750 who underwent valve-in-valve TAVR.

I'm interested in this information regarding valve-in-valve TAVR, as this November I will reach (god willing) my 10-year anniversary of my bovine valve. And as we know, this type valve has a 10-15-year lifespan. So when, not if, the time comes for replacement, I will be particularly interested in this option.

So if you can somehow post the article, or even just the main bullet points, that would be great. Thank you.

My bovine valve lasted for 9 years as of 4/2 of this year so now I need to get it fixed, it is very calcified. Went in for all the tavr tests this week, didn't get them back yet but found out right bundle branch block doesn't mix well with tavr. Other than that I have read good about it. If you are on facebook do a search on tavr patient stories. Or you can Google it.

Latest posts

Back