5 open heart surgeries?e

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I am the spouse of a 4 time open heart patient ( bicuspid valve). We are heading for a repeat TEE in two weeks to check the status of his mitral valve ( 2 years ago tee showed moderately severe). In addition, the aortic valve ( two replacements) is also leaking again. Told two years ago it wouldn't be if, just when we have our next open heart. ( #5). Anyone out there had 5 open heart surgeries?

Hi

I think there are a few who have had 4 (I've only had 3). There is a lady who posts here from time to time who has a son who has had at least 4 ... I'll look for her name here (you could too) and perhaps try to contact her)

Hello and welcome to the forum; however, sorry to hear about the circumstances preparing for an upcoming re-op for your spouse.
Lynlw is the member that Pellice was referring to. She hasn't been active as of late, but has a wealth of information and knowledge due to her son's situation. You could try and private message her.
Wishing you and your spouse all the very best.

Hello and welcome to the forum; however, sorry to hear about the circumstances preparing for an upcoming re-op for your spouse.
Lynlw is the member that Pellicle was referring to. She hasn't been active as of late, but has a wealth of information and knowledge due to her son's situation. You could try and private message her.
Wishing you and your spouse all the very best.

The first surgeon I consulted said he just did his seventh replacement job on an older lady. Apparently her body chemistry calcified tissue valves quickly even though she was around 70 years old.

river-wear;n854657 said:
The first surgeon I consulted said he just did his seventh replacement job on an older lady. Apparently her body chemistry calcified tissue valves quickly even though she was around 70 years old.
Let me get this right. This surgeon has done 7 OHS on this lady? What a trooper!!

river-wear;n854657 said:
makes me wonder what was the reasons for not putting in a mechanical if she calcifies tissue valves fast.

7 OHS ... holy moses ... I'd like to know more about this: How much between each operaton, when was the first, what her condition is like ... she's tough stuff for sure (hats off)

I finally am in officially. I was the "guest" that posted about my husband having 4 open heart surgeries and now pending ( depending on tee April 6th) a 5th. I can't believe we might be in that same boat again soon. It is so hard even thinking about doing it a 5th time. He has had complications every single time we have had surgery. So to hear someone has had 7?. Is that person on this forum? Goodness I'd like to hear from someone heading into this possibility..

Back