FAST Heart Rate 124

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blake777

Hello everyone, haven't been here in awhile glad to be back. I've been dealing with severe pain in legs and getting treatment for that, it's been hard. Been on pain medication, Percocet and Lyrica, as the Lyrica just does not help sometimes at all. The pain medicine is causing my heart rate to shoot to 124 when it starts to where off or am I having an anxiety attack? Is this not good? Takes heart beat a long time to slow down even after I've had my blood pressure meds. The Percocet is the only medicine that has calmed down this horrible nerve pain in my legs and sometimes in arms. Thanks for replies.

Are you on a statin?I have had the same neuropaty pain from being on 4 different statins.I am not diabetic and this pain seems to be permanent
as it has been here for 2 years. I see a Neurologist but they do nothing but give you Gabapentin,which does not work. These statins are murder.

It may not be related, but a while back I suffered a pinched nerve in my back. The pain was, as you can guess, extreme. When I had my pacemaker interrogated, they found that the extreme pain had not only elevated my heart rate, but it drove me into atrial fibrillation as well.

Might be worth a call to your cardio to see if they want to do anything else. . . (meds, that is.)

No not on any statins. I have Fibromylgia, so they say that is what it is. It feels much like what MS probably feels like. I suffer with so much pain in my legs and arms and it it getting worse. I was started out taking like 3 pain pills a month. Well this week has been so bad I've had to take one every day. I am sitting up here suffering right now and my heart rate is 96, but haven't taken anything yet. Blood pressure is 152/89, so literally suffering with pain right now. Did call my cardiologist and pain management clinic, waiting on call backs now. I don't know what I'm going to do if they say don't take the pain medicine anymore because I just can not suffer like this. Thanks everyone for the reply.

Okay I talked to my cardiologist and primary care physician and also pain management doctor. Pain management said it was not the pain meds. Cardiologists says it is. Well I am off the pain meds and my heart rate is still well in the 90s. Had some severe ankle swelling but think it was due to the pain meds because I always have that when I take them. But my primary doctor just told me to drink lots of water and keep my feet elevated. Well I did that, no more swelling and heart rate is still in the 90s if I get up and move it elevates which I would think is normal for anyone though. But I am really getting worried because I was told my heart rate should stay in like the 60s 70s range with this mechanical valve. Don't know if it is me but this morning started having slight pain down my left arm, like I did when I had the slight heart attack the last time I had to go to the hospital, but it quickly went away this time. I do have a little bit of a build up in my arteries that's what the cardiologists told me the last time but not bad enough to worry. I'm thinking this may have something do with this little bit of build up. Any suggestions?

Back