Swollen ankles/feet

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a blood test called BNP which diagnoses congestive heart failure and how serious the problem is. Ask for that test. He also needs to get a complete blood profile to look for kidney, liver and any blood abnormalities.

Don't fool around with this or let any lazy doc give you the run around. Your husband needs help.

I remember when I got really sick, my brother told me that my ENTIRE BODY was bloated. I went from 80 something pounds to over 126 pounds in less than a week, and I had no idea why. It doesn't matter if you have to take the kids with, I've done it many time when my husband has hurt himself, and my husband has done it for me as well, we have a 7 year old and a 4 year old, and we just pack them up and take them with whenever we have to go. THey can not refuse to see him. One thing I have learned since we started going to the naval hospital, is I have to take control of my own medical care, and I have to be assertive. I don't let anybody tell me there is nothing wrong with me, I insist on tests and getting the correct diagnosis, and getting treated with respect. We all deserve it.

Take care

ggosvener said:
I took him to the ER last weekend, and when they found out he had an appointment on Wed. they refused to see him.
The blood work did say something about his kidneys.
The VA clinic might be good for some but he had bronchitus for 2 weeks before they would even give him meds for it.
I've taken him to the Er a few times and they admit him right away with the swollen feet and flushed him out, with the clicnic they just up this med or up this med, even without doing blood work.
I can't see him letting me take him to the Er tonight, we have a 4 year old and a 13 year old at home, the 13 year old has down syndrome and they both have school tomorrow and no one at all to keep them.
I have work too, and I already emailed my boss that I have to take him in, whether it be the clinic in the morning or the ER.
I am very worried, his feet and legs are ice cold when you touch them and it looks like he has sores all up and down his legs, they look like heeld sores, but sores none the less.
Thanks so much for the quick reply.
Georgia

I'll look forward to seeing your reply, I'd be getting him to the ER pronto. The swelling and the sores on his leg are very concerning to me. Like others have said, I hope they didn't just brush you off !

I also have the problem of swelling feet, but mine does vary, when I started excercising I lost alot of water weight, but when I wasnt my feet were a little swollen.

YOu should get it checked out though, its something that should be forgotten about.

-Mike

Don't accept poor care. The Veterans' hospitals were created because our veterans deserve proper care for the jeopardy they face and the hardships they endure for the security of their country. Demand that care.

Just my opinion, but I don't think your husband listens well to the doctors. I would guess that he doesn't really want to hear what they have to say. I very strongly suggest that you go with him from now on, and ask the questions he is not asking, and force the issues with the doctors, if they're being dismissive.

It's unlikely that a doctor aware of his heart problems would say that his swelling ankles are "nothing to worry about."

Best wishes,

Reactions: Amy

Latest posts

Back