Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Welcome to the New VR.org!

Self Registrations have now been re-enabled. Due to the wonderful world of Spammers, those registering will be required to answer every question in the form..
See more
See less

Right arm pulsating/ twitching

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right arm pulsating/ twitching

Hi all

Hope everyone is doing well.

My right arm (inner triceps area) randomly started twitching today and is still doing it.. It is like it is pulsating although it doesn't correlate to my heart beat in any way. I'm sure this is nothing to worry about and I seem to remember having this years back but if anyone has had this kind of sensation/ knows what it is I'd be glad to know! It doesn't hurt in any way.. I think I've became over paranoid after heart surgery but I don't think that is a bad thing!

Thanks in advance for any useful help!

I get the same thing sometimes on my leg and I've thought that it is just nerves reacting to involuntary signals.
    Not really sure though....
    BAV-Aortic Stenosis...AVR Oct 11, 2005 / St.Jude Regent mechanical 21mm
    INR Home testing since 2007 with Coaguchek XS...Self-Dosing

"Caution: I may have been in contact with Nuts"

Comment

It actually has a name Fasciculation, see this article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fasciculation
      Most of these are very harmless. I used to get them sometimes as well. This was before OHS when I was working out a lot more than now
      My surgery was on 3/27/2012 at Suburban Hospital, MD by Dr. Michael Siegenthaler and his team from NIH Heart Center
      Ascending Aortic Aneurysm and Hemiarch repair with 24mm Vascutek gelweave graft and BAV replacement with On-X 25mm
      Buy this book before surgery and read it before and after - Coping with Heart Surgery
      My hospital stay post is here
      After surgery training to be strong and healthy

Comment

I have had some random muscle twitches at times, too. Sometimes an arm or leg muscle, often the muscles around one eye. I just try to relax, sometimes massage the muscle, but it seems to subside on its own.
        Go Class of 2011!

Steve Epstein
        9 Years in The Waiting Room, then on February 28, 2011,
        AVR with 23mm Edwards Bovine Pericardial Tissue Valve, Model 3300TFX, Pacemaker - Boston Scientific Altrua 60 DDDR IS-1 and CABG (LIMA-LAD) at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago by Dr. Patrick McCarthy and the most wonderful team of professionals I could ask for.

Comment

Thanks so much for the replies and advice. It seemed to sort itself out anyway! Thanks again.

Comment

Yeah, right. You had to mention this. My right triceps has been twitching since last weekend.

How do I send this to the next recipient?
            Go Class of 2011!

Steve Epstein
            AVR with 23mm Edwards Bovine Pericardial Tissue Valve, Model 3300TFX, Pacemaker - Boston Scientific Altrua 60 DDDR IS-1 and CABG (LIMA-LAD) at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago by Dr. Patrick McCarthy and the most wonderful team of professionals I could ask for.

Comment

Originally posted by epstns View Post
              Yeah, right. You had to mention this. My right triceps has been twitching since last weekend.

USPS? FedX?
              Never stand afar and view with fear and trembling that which lies in your way. Face it boldly and see how very small it is, after all.
              VR.com member since 2004, avr in 2005

Comment

Originally posted by epstns View Post

Steve, it looks like you are sending it to Duffey......COD sounds good. <grin>
                BAV-Aortic Stenosis...AVR Oct 11, 2005 / St.Jude Regent mechanical 21mm
                INR Home testing since 2007 with Coaguchek XS...Self-Dosing

"Caution: I may have been in contact with Nuts"

Comment

I get twitches all the time, don't read into them much though.
                  Aortic Valve Replacement. February 23, 2012.
                  Dr. Harold Burkhart, Mayo Clinic, Rochester Minnesota. St. Jude Valve.
                  "Be the light for those that walk in darkness"

Comment

Oh, I don't read anything into them. They are just a bit annoying when I'm sitting at my desk and my right arm decides to go dancing without there being any music.
                    Go Class of 2011!

Steve Epstein

Comment

Working...
                    X