When did you have your aortic valve replacement?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not really a new member.... I haven't been on for about 2 years, and somehow got.. um.. misplaced. I'm an oldie actually.. Having had 4xOHS, I can say that my doctors were great every time about recommending I go in before I was even moderately symptomatic. The better shape/condition you are in before the surgery; the stronger you will be for your recovery. I truly believe this strategy served me in every case.

In response to your other question, I suffered NO neurological damage after the first 3OHS... but did with the 4th. I'm still up, around and having fun (almost) every day, so it wasn't too drastic.

Having had 4xOHS, I can say that my doctors were great every time about recommending I go in before I was even moderately symptomatic. The better shape/condition you are in before the surgery; the stronger you will be for your recovery. I truly believe this strategy served me in every case.

ticktock- I am of the same mind. I am going in for my heart cath this morning, so then I feel that I will have more "ammunition" to give to the surgeons.

Hi there,
We are similar. Age, etc.
However, I went from a .98 to .7 something in one year.
I had a moo-cow valve replacement last march. Hmmmm almost time for
my 1 yr. anniv.
Everyone take a moment "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JACK! HAPPY BIR..."
OK that's enough. I am now very active and the only anti-coag. I take
is an 81 aspirin. If I am still around and need another valve operation in
say.........ahhhh 18 years, the new procedures will be so improved that
the operation will probably be a piece of cake. That is if we don't blow ourselves off this precious earth before then.
So, I recommend a bovine valve within the next year.
Whatever/whenever you choose, don't look back and wonder. Just look forward
and enjoy your new healthy life.

JdW

I'm not really a new member.... I haven't been on for about 2 years, and somehow got.. um.. misplaced. I'm an oldie actually.. Having had 4xOHS, I can say that my doctors were great every time about recommending I go in before I was even moderately symptomatic. The better shape/condition you are in before the surgery; the stronger you will be for your recovery. I truly believe this strategy served me in every case.

In response to your other question, I suffered NO neurological damage after the first 3OHS... but did with the 4th. I'm still up, around and having fun (almost) every day, so it wasn't too drastic.

Mindy! Nice to see your "type". Hope things are all going well :D

Back