what happens to the pig?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After AVR#1 in 2000, I was cooking dinner and trying to slice raw back ribs for teriyaki... Well, I couldn't press hard enough to separate the pieces and my hubby looked at me and said one word, Empathy? in exactly the tone the question mark implies...

After AVR#1 in 2000, I was cooking dinner and trying to slice raw back ribs for teriyaki... Well, I couldn't press hard enough to separate the pieces and my hubby looked at me and said one word, Empathy? in exactly the tone the question mark implies...

Don't feel badly Pamela,sometimes I am so sensitive that I have trouble
working with any kind of meat. I have actually become teary-eyed and
I know that sounds absurd even as I type it. I thought only onions were
supposed to do that :rolleyes:

Anyway-nice to hear that these 'farms' are happy ones. I know that
what upsets me the most is not that they are butchered,but that
they are forced to endure a pitiful existence while they are alive.
I'll stop now.

And thanks for the good info Lyn

FWIW - Mr. and Mrs. Carbon Atom gave their own to provide stock for my On-X Borg valve.

Honestly, the preceding discussion was one factor in my decision...

Wow thanks for the detective work Lyn. Good to know nothing is wasted.
Do they really give you the pig lotti? or was that a joke? My brother asked my surgeon if he could have the rest of the pig (he is a big bacon fan). The surgeon said no :(.
I read an article (sorry don't remember where) about Jews and pig valves that said they could get them because the preservation of life superseded laws about pigs and such.
In other news I have a new nickname; my parents have started calling me "porkchop".
Kinda ironic since i've been a vegetarian for almost 10 years.

This is more fun than watching Bugs and Porky go at it on Saturday morning cartoons. You guys are a hoot. Or a whoot. Or some kind of noise (ticking or whirring from the Borgs?). I'm just hoping I don't have to change my avatar to Big Pig or Big Cow afterward. It'll spoil my whole image.

Beha said:
My brother asked my surgeon if he could have the rest of the pig (he is a big bacon fan). The surgeon said no.

:D I also asked if I could have the rest of the pig and they just looked at me like I was completely out of my mind! Maybe that's why I ended up with a (mad) cow valve instead ;)

Still, I had a very lovely roast pork dinner in honour of the piggy and the valve I thought I was going to get.

A : )

By the time you get a pig valve it is long dead. Like a human organ donor the usable tissue and organs are removed and processed for transplant and or implantation. I am not sure if what's left could be eaten. That is a good question You might try looking fortissue banks online or ask your surgeon if it is important to you.

Lettitia

Back