How much did your surgery cost?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first valve surgery cost around 150kMy mechanical valve alone was 40k. since my second surgery I now have2 mechanical valves and with my stroke during the 2nd surgery an 17 days in ICU and then a mnth in rehabI don't want to think about what the 2nd one cost.

lettitia

I'm just at 4 weeks out today and have not received any bills. However, my angiogram bill came from the hospital. JUST the hospital bill was 10K !! There will be more from the cardio and anesthesiologist, of course. I have an in network (which I chose) maximum personal payout number. With the breast biopsy in January and the angiogram in March.....I think I'll be home free by the time my AVR bills come in.........am curious at this point.

Good luck with you insurance company, MM. Go get 'em!!

Marguerite

cost of surgery

cost of surgery

Mine was $76,000 for 11 days in the hospital, $6000 for surgeon, $3000 for the assistant plus another trip to the hospital where I live and that was another 5 days. With everything including angiogram, cardio rehab it was $160,000. I had a mitral valve replacement.

surgery cost

surgery cost

My first surgery was 20k for the surgeon and 90k for the hospital. (4 days)
The second surgery was 17k for the surgeon and 238K (4 weeks) for the hospital. We paid $ 20 for the first one and $600 for the second due to co-pays to have the PICC line unclogged.

Back