On-X LTI 15 Years of Clinical Excellence On-X LTI 15 Years of Clinical Excellence

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Welcome to the New VR.org!

Thank you for your patience while we continue to fine tune the site. All paid registrations will be extended for whatever duration of time it takes us to get things working properly.
See more
See less

Apex Blockage

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apex Blockage

Ross, I did some searches about blockage in the apex of the heart. I found that you had a cyst there, and very few other references. Do you, or anyone else, know what a blockage in the apex means. My sister was told some time ago that she has this. We were talking about vr.com and I told her I'd ask about it because she didn't get a clear understanding from the doctor about what it is. Thanks!
    Bicuspid Aortic Valve
    A-flutter zapped by cardiac ablation
    Mitral Valve Prolapse

Wise I wish I could tell you for certain myself. All I know is that with all the wonderful diagnostic tools used, with my cyst in the apex, it was impeding blood flow to the bottom 2 chambers of my heart. I wish I had a copy of the echo or cath to show you what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Ross
      Wise I wish I could tell you for certain myself. All I know is that with all the wonderful diagnostic tools used, with my cyst in the apex, it was impeding blood flow to the bottom 2 chambers of my heart. I wish I had a copy of the echo or cath to show you what I mean.
      That certainly does sound like a blockage. Thanks for your help Ross. I'm going to share this with her. I think they just need to identify to her what they mean by blockage. I'm just sure if they took it seriously enough; maybe they did, but they left her with little understanding. She can atleast ask them if they think it could be a cyst or what else.
      Bicuspid Aortic Valve
      Mitral Valve Prolapse

Comment

On the tests, they were convinced that I had had a heart attack and that this blockage was a bloodclot. It wasn't until the surgeon got in there and opened it, that they found it to be a cyst and not a clot. My question that I have never gotten an answer for is, "How do you get a cyst in the heart?"

Comment

Yeah, that's another good question. A cyst is something like a blister?(for lack of a more informed word).
          Bicuspid Aortic Valve
          Mitral Valve Prolapse

Comment

I relate cyst with tumor and I wonder if I have more to look forward too in the future. God I hope not. I've had enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Ross
              I relate cyst with tumor and I wonder if I have more to look forward too in the future. God I hope not. I've had enough.
              I hope not too. You've certainly had your share of trouble.
              Bicuspid Aortic Valve
              Mitral Valve Prolapse

Comment

Working...
              X