When do you take your vitamins?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
centrum not such a good choice

centrum not such a good choice

It is mostly common knowledge that centrum is one of the wost vitamins out there. Not because of whats in them but what is ON them. The red dye is very bad and the write ups on red dyes is all over the place. Avoiding any vitamin with this coating is a plus. As well most multis will only help a little. Why? Because they dont interact with each other well. One vitamin can work but mixed with another will make the other obsolete. So basically you only get about if your lucky half of what is labled. Taking one wont hurt but you will not get everything that is in the pill. Also simple things like Calcium wont work unless magnesium and vit d are there for absorbtion. Or Tums dont work because calcuim needs to be in an acidic stomach to absorb and tums is an ANtacid. Plus theres no vit D or magnesium so its useless that way too. Try putting a pill you want to take and put it in apple cider vinegar. This resembles the acidity of your stomach. If the pill does not dissolve in that it wont be in your stomach either. I found a site on vitamins I went to a website called www.alive.com I myself drink bottled water and eat organic (ceritified only) whenever I can.

Check-in time. . .

Check-in time. . .

Just got to the office and saw this thread. . . had to check in with my thoughts.

Oopsy - I don't know what Centrum you're looking at, but we of the "older" generation who take Centrum Silver are ingesting grey caplets -- no red dye visible to me.

Rob and Perry -- I have been taking many of the same vitamins for many years. Among others, Centrum Silver, 2X400 IU Vit. E, 2X500 mg Vit. C, 30 mg. Zinc daily. I split the E and C up -- one in AM, one in PM. Works for me. . .

Still, seems strange that several of us have come upon similar regimens from different sources.

Latest posts

Back