SO Excited!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U

Unregistered

I will definitely be coming back to this website and registering. I found your website by accident when I was searching for interactions between warfarin and an OTC.

I came to be a member of the elite group of artificial tickers when my arch enemy bacterial endocarditis was found to be winning the battle that I didn't even know I was participating in. I was 31 weeks pregnant with my son and needless to say, my hyusband and I did not get a chance to digest this information before having to make multiple decisions. I took a helicopter ride to a larger hospital and roughly 24 hours after we found out about the bacteria, I was taken into surgery for an emergency delivery of our son followed by an aortic valve replacement.

My doctors were AWESOME! Since this all happened so fast, I didn't have any input on physician choices and I don't think it could have worked any better.

For all of the posts that I read for those of you awaiting surgery and scared to death. I guess I can't even begin to understand what you are going through because I didn't get a chance to be scared. All I can offer to you is the thought that we are all here because of modern medicine and the strides that the American Heart Association has made over the years. My doctors explained to me that your recovery is directly related to your attitude towards it. Follow their suggestions especially the one when they tell you to hug the pillow when you cough. :)

I look forward to using this website for the archived articles, new articles, and the great people that I know are already here.

Thanks in advance for allowing me to join your group.
Jennifer in Illinois

Looking forward to your membership. There are many of us in Illinois.

Latest posts

Back