Beta Blockers and heart rate

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

On Beta Blockers my heart rate is around 50 during the day and dips into 40s at rest. My cardio said when sleeping it gets to 39. I have also had bouts of tachycardia since a kid often triggered by coffee or any stimulant or from a weird posture change while laying down.

After my bav tests (echo, stress test, halter monitor, ekg, ct scan)... my cardio said he isn’t concerned that 50s is quiet common in young folks. My primary care doctor agreed.

im no longer on beta blockers so now I’m mid 50s bpm. Anyone else share this issue? I guess it’s not an issue since my cardio and primary care at UCLA health aren’t worried?

just hard for me to get over this

Forgive me, I am not sure what "this issue" is. Could you clarify? You have been taken off beta blockers and your heart rate has gone up a little - that seems perfectly reasonable to me, so I must be missing something.

hello, are you concerned that you have a low resting pulse ?? as LA says a little clarity may help

50s isn't too low, plenty of people are in that area

i do not take BB & i'm usually anywhere between 48 - 53 at rest if that helps ?

Latest posts

Back