New symptoms, frightening me

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hi, I am a 34 year old female with a bicuspid valve, with regurgitation and mild to moderate stenosis. I was diagnosed around three to four years ago, but it has been over a year since my last scan.
I have not really experienced any problems other than heart palpitations. But, over the last four days, I have gone from having more energy than any teenager you have ever met to literally not even being able to stay awake. The other symptom that has seemed to pop up is that my feet are rather swollen. My muscles in my body also ache, and I get dizzy upon standing.
I'm not sure if maybe I'm just suffering from the flu or something or if I should be worried enough to take myself to the emergency room. It is Sunday night so I could call the doctor tomorrow, but I'm wondering if this is something that can wait until tomorrow or not. Any opinions would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks so much

Thats tough to know if you should visit the ER... Although I've done it. Been worried enough in the past (before my surgery) that I went to the ER. In my case they checked me all out and told me I was fine and to schedule a visit with the cardiologist. At the absolute least I suggest you do that and see your cardiologist soon. You already have a history and those are symptoms not to ignore. You should be checked out annually anyway. Let us know how you're doing. Hoping it's just a flu bug or something, but if you're indeed worried, it's always better to be safe than sorry

My advise is to contact your doctors office tomorrow. Meanwhile, Take two tylenols or ? and check how you feel after half an hour. From my personal experience, I never felt body aches when my valves were deteriorating. As you said you might be fighting a bug or a flu. Swelling of feet are sometimes a symptom of heart or result of retaining fluids from salty food!
Are you short of breath in addition to fatigue? My symptoms when my valves were rapidly deteriorating were: extreme fatigue, lethargy, and shortness of breath when going upstairs, talking on the phone, or even sitting down resting!

Please keep us posted and follow your guts!

Back