Got my date .....October 19!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wishing you all the very best tomorrow. Best wishes for a successful surgery and smooth recovery. Before you know it, this will all be in the 'rearview' mirror. Looking forward to your update.
Hang in!

pellicle;n879578 said:
I mean, sure when medicine is needed, by all means. But if food will do the trick, why not just eat food? I suppose not everyone likes Asian foods though...
​​​​

I don't eat kimchi because the Korean grocery store is a real zoo around here. We have a couple of really good ones, and I'm sure they have kimchi, but the way people drive and park in their parking lots scares me so much that I won't go near the place!

epstns;n879600 said:
I don't eat kimchi because the Korean grocery store is a real zoo around here. ... but the way people drive and park in their parking lots scares me so much that I won't go near the place!

A real impediment. Happily that sort of madness does not exist here.

Anyways, not meaning to push the case for kimchi to you personally, just in general (for those who read here anonymously).

I'm always surprised at the resistance people show for international foods. Fir instance I worked at a place (in Australia) where we had some Greeks, some Indians, some Japanese and us Ozzies. We had a multicultural lunch one day and everyone brought a "signature dish". I thought it interesting that while the Indians and Japanese were keen to get you to like their dishes (and very happy when you did), they would not try each others.

pellicle you've convinced me to at least try Kimchi for gut flora , i do take kifer but i'll also add the Kimchi

i've ordered organic from the korean store to try ....... ill let you know how it goes

It's Oct 20th here in the states. Hope everything went well and you and recovering nicely from surgery. As someone previously said, try to enjoy your time in the hospital. Try to see it as an experience and embrace it. We get to go through an experience that not everyone gets to, and for that we are blessed. I pray you truly enjoy this time and learn much from it. Every experience is a learning situation. I really hope you are doing well and you gain some true insight that only God can show us, through this experience. Sometimes what we learn through an experience is so much more important than the original purpose. You have found a great group of people here and have been given 3 pages of great advice. You will do amazing! Wishing you all the best. Welcome to the club!

leadville;n879611 said:
pellicle you've convinced me to at least try Kimchi for gut flora , i do take kifer but i'll also add the Kimchi

​​​i've ordered organic from the korean store to try ....... ill let you know how it goes

Bewdy

But if this escalates to BimBimBap, Bulgogi and SamGyopSal , and you end up getting married to a beautiful Korean lass ... It's not my fault ok ;-)

PS ... Watch out for the souJu and beers, its a killer

This is taken at a session in Pusan ... Supposedly well being soju...

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/c1.staticflickr.com\/1\/106\/294142834_ab8f964333_o.jpg"}[/IMG2]

​​​​​​PPS, the blond in the red jumper in the left of this shot would become my wife.

Happy Days

Oh my heavens.....I haven't been on in a few days and see what i miss? My first surgery was pretty easy. Hoping yours is just as well. That darned breathing tube was not fun. But..it was out shortly after I woke up. I'm scheduled for 10/30 and expecting the same experience. Take things slow, use the help the staff will/should offer and get up and walk as much as you can. Don't be a bed hog. It's not easy getting out of bed at first, but do it. Hug that pillow and go for it.

Best of luck.

Latest posts

Back