Aortic Root Diameter based on my body size?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAF1984

Hey guys. My echo states that my Aortic Root Diameter is 3.0 cm and my Ascending Aorta is 2.4 cm. I know these sizes fall within the normal ranges, but it seems that my Aortic Root might be slightly large when taking my size into account.
I'm a 32 year old female, 5'4'' and 107 lbs.
What do you guys think about the 3.0?
(I did one of those Z-Score things which said my score was higher than 2, but I'm honestly not sure I did it right.)
Be as open as possible, I'm not freaking out or anything.
Thanks so much!

There are still conflicting opinions on whether body size should be a factor. In the AHA guidelines they are ignored because the evidence is not conclusive. While I would suggest to err on the side of caution and pay attention to the bodysize calculations, at most 3cm would be mildly dilated. Certainly not an aneurysm. I don't think it is something to worry about. Do you have a Bicuspid Aortic Valve? If so, you will need to have your valve monitored regularly so you and your Dr's can monitor your aorta than as well.

3.0 is within the normal range! The root is always a bit larger than the rest of the aorta.

Latest posts

Back