My BAV :)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agian;n872461 said:
I wouldn't attempt any of that for at least a year after the operation. Don't forget Arnie needed to have a repeat operation, after going overboard post-op..
From what I remember from reading his autobiography, he had an exercise bike brought into his room after surgery and did cycling on that ! Not really what you're supposed to do so soon after surgery - hence he needed to go back into surgery. I'm trying to find my copy of his book to check but think my son must have it.

Anne, Steve and Agian, thanks for the advices! Yep, I will continue to do light exercises now till I have got a 2nd opinion. Although the cardiologist said it's not necessary to adjust any of my exercise routine and diet, but I just feel I should do my part to protect myself, haha! 

Agian;n872461 said:
I wouldn't attempt any of that for at least a year after the operation. Don't forget Arnie needed to have a repeat operation, after going overboard post-op.

i had a similar build when I was his age, and I certainly didn't lift very heavy. You've got to understand that every time you lift something really heavy your blood pressure spikes. Swinging from bars like that can't be too good for your shoulders, either.

Having said that, he is inspirational.

Zach, I've got to tell you, we middle aged guys are a generation of losers compared to the generation before us.
I also take my hat off to you young people So mature and stoic. It's actually moving.

I never knew terminator had congenital defective aortic valve. :O 
Well, I guess only my lovely wife got to see how weak and emotional I was, women like her are hard to find nowadays.

Still got to admit I have the same feeling, our generation is a generation of losers compared to the one before us... just look at the cars and listen to the music nowadays, it's easy to tell. 

pellicle;n872508 said:
Well just by older cars and listen to older music :)

Best of both worlds

Haha! Yes, music we have a choice.
Cars?? Nope... In order to own a car in Singapore, the public need to bid for a piece of paper called "certificate of entitlement". Depending on the engine displacement the latest pricing is about 35k USD (so a Toyota vios would cost 80k USD in Singapore). And the best part? It only last 10 years, once it expires, the car get scrapped.. so... no old cars... :(

ZechariahLi;n872505 said:
I never knew terminator had congenital defective aortic valve. :OÂ*
Well, I guess only my lovely wife got to see how weak and emotional I was, women like her are hard to find nowadays.

Still got to admit I have the same feeling, our generation is a generation of losers compared to the one before us... just look at the cars and listen to the music nowadays, it's easy to tell.Â*
OUR generation. LOL. I'm 48!

Paleowoman;n872486 said:
From what I remember from reading his autobiography, he had an exercise bike brought into his room after surgery and did cycling on that ! Not really what you're supposed to do so soon after surgery - hence he needed to go back into surgery. I'm trying to find my copy of his book to check but think my son must have it.
Yeah, that's what I heard (face slap).

ZechariahLi;n872513 said:
Cars?? Nope... In order to own a car in Singapore,

well that sucks ... I'm glad I live in places like Australia or Finland where I can have a car like my 89 Pajero or my 99 CR-V

I can take them places and not stress about a scratch or dent :)
32378927406_583bf3c8dd_b.jpg

Agian;n872552 said:
It's called bonding and camaraderie boss.

Singapore has one of the best public transport systems in the world, for the record.

"Location: No surgery, this is an Admin account" Is this a joke?

Not needing a car is true.. But public transport can be a pain sometimes, imagine waiting for bus and get up close with everyone after baking under 40 degrees C in tropical humidity... ouch. 

Pellicle is living the dreams... pajero, offload trips, snow skiing, oh mann... 

Uneeck, did your cardiologist suggest you have AR? Let's turn back t the thread topic. :x 

Warrick;n872559 said:
thanks super moderator.. did I miss something... are we being bleep censored now???
Super Moderator removed my entry. It's called an assertion of authority. Funny as.
Anyone would think that Hank sold it or something. But seriously, making such a warm environment sterile is going to defeat the purpose.
If it's dumb and it works it ain't dumb :)

In stead of a echo, you can also do a Hearth MRI once per year (or 2 years). They are more accurate in general. EF and LV say something but also important to know are the EDV and ESV.
It is strange though that your LV varies from 6 to 5.1 now.

Back