Lots of Questions

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello and welcome Scott,

sounds that you are in good experienced surgeons and i wish you

the best for wednesday's appt. waiting for my 2nd surgery on

my mitral so 16 years between my aortic mech and now i need mech

mitral i never had and it is normal as to be scared but the waitings

worse than surgery itself ....you will be fine.

Keep us posted on dates and your wed appt.........GOOD LUCK

zipper2 (DEB)

Thanks everyone for the kind words and encouragement. MrP, Thanks for the comments on Dr. Coselli, I am feel less stress about working with a surgeon.
My appointment with the Austin surgeon was moved to tomorrow at noon. I will update everyone when I return to work on Saturday, (my home computer is blocked from this site). I have just started telling my friends and family about my new situation and my spouse is in shock. My 18 yr old looked very serious and said “not again dad!” then hugged me. Wow! Usually he is so focused on video games, pizza and the computer – I rarely get his attention.

Best wishes for your appointment. It sounds like all the planning is coming along well with effective and caring providers.

I'm sure the personal conversations won't be the easiest, but it sounds like you have a nice, supportive family. All the best and looking forward to hearing about a great outcome,
--Brad

Thanks everyone for the kind words and encouragement. MrP, Thanks for the comments on Dr. Coselli, I am feel less stress about working with a surgeon.
My appointment with the Austin surgeon was moved to tomorrow at noon. I will update everyone when I return to work on Saturday, (my home computer is blocked from this site). I have just started telling my friends and family about my new situation and my spouse is in shock. My 18 yr old looked very serious and said ?not again dad!? then hugged me. Wow! Usually he is so focused on video games, pizza and the computer ? I rarely get his attention.

Good Luck to you Scott, it seems you have all your ducks in a row. I know your family will be there for you, yes even that 18yr old. Just when you think they aren't paying a bit of attention, they surprise you. Again, wishing you all the very best.:)

Knew it was coming for 35 years

Knew it was coming for 35 years

Hi Scott

I was diagnoses with a bicuspid valve during my junior high school football physcial..in 1975. I was always told I would have to have it replaced someday but I was essentially without symptoms. I led a pretty active life and was almost as shocked as you when the doctor said we need do to replace it now...very scary, even with a lifetime to prepare. It was 62 from the time my cardiologist told me we need to replace the valve within 30 days and the time they acutally did it. The waiting drove me, and my so, crazy.

Anyway I am now 9 days out of surgery and feeling great, better than I should for my own safety.

For me the waiting was definitely the hardest part. Good luck..so far.

Latest posts

Back