Hip Bleed

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I used to be a member here, but haven't been on in years.

My sister, niece and I flew to Seattle to meet my daughter, who's spending the first half of the summer in Portland. We landed at 3 and everything was uneventful. About an hour after arriving at the hotel, we decided to walk to dinner and when I stood up, I had a cramp in my inner thigh. As we walked, it got worse and moved to my knee, but we made it to the restaurant. Once we finished eating, I stood up and realized that I couldn't use my leg at all! My sister is scheduled for knee replacement in a couple of weeks, so we had rented her a scooter. I used it to get back to the hotel where I laid on the bed and realized that caused even more pain. I couldn't lift my leg off the bed, nor could I lift it off the floor when sitting or standing. Fearing a clot from the flight, my daughter and I headed to a nearby ER. After blood tests, X-ray, CT, MRI, and Morphine, they diagnosed me with hip joint effusion caused by a spontaneous bleed. My INR was 2.4. They wanted to admit me "just in case" but after promises to come back if it got worse, they discharged me with a prescription for Percocet. We rented a second scooter and are having a good time. I'm still having pain, though not as bad, and am able to walk short distances. This could be from the Percocet or perhaps the bleeding has lessened. I have swelling and bruising in my inner thigh. I plan to follow up with my PCP when l get home. Until then, I'm determined to enjoy my vacation.

Anyone else had anything similar?

Latest posts

Back