Does any of the Coumadin crew take SAM-e ?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

almost_hectic

Looking for supplements with anit imflammatory effects and Tumeric seems to be a no no for us on blood thinners from what ive read. I dont know what SAM-e really is but claims to be great for osteoarthritis, which is what I deal with daily in my neck and shoulders. Worse since surgery split me open like a wishbone it seems.

I don't know squat about SAM-e. My cardio prescribes my warfarin and I call and ask my cardio's nurse these types of questions. They usually get back to me within a day. Per NIH, it has yet to be proven clinically effective for anything.

tom in MO;n882668 said:
I don't know squat about SAM-e. My cardio prescribes my warfarin and I call and ask my cardio's nurse these types of questions. They usually get back to me within a day. Per NIH, it has yet to be proven clinically effective for anything.

Yeah but Im guessing thats likely the same for any supplements, not clinically proven to do anything. Thanks for the offer but I dont know if its worth a call. But I'm open to any recommendations for supplements others may have used with any success as an anti inflammatory aid

I have arthritis as well; neck, back, knees, hands and foot. What works the best for me is exercises and just getting up and moving around. I do stretching in the morning with some light exercises. I try to stretch at least once at work. I get up and move around every 1-2 hours. It helps. For my knees, I got braces and this has kept me moving w/o the knee replacement...yet. Donjo braces that are covered by insurance. When it gets bad, such as if I fall, or sleep the wrong way, my cardio said I can use ipubrofen, up to the OTC maximum dose, for no more than 2 months at a time.

Back