Hospital refuse to prescribe me any Coaguchek XS Strips

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

lance;n879584 said:
... following vein draw the results of which were sent to doctor's office. XS said 3.2.
...Doctor's office also advised they have two separate test results and aren't confusing mine with his.

does this mean that the office got two (independent) tests done from the same blood draw?

PS, this variation seems within the bounds of other examinations of the two methods of determining INR:

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/c2.staticflickr.com\/4\/3671\/14252522582_1f85226878_o.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Here in Sweden, you get pretty much as many as you like/need, when I run out, I simply ask for more. I test every Thursday at home. If the INR is ok I leave for a week, if it´s way out, I re-test. I do also travel a bit and then test a bit more frequent due to different climate, different cuisine etc, etc.

pellicle;n879607 said:
Seems to have vanished, leaving only this enigmatic post :)

Originally there were two identical postings so I deleted one of them. Two were posted and the same two deleted.

pellicle;n879586 said:
Hi

does this mean that the office got two (independent) tests done from the same blood draw?

PS, this variation seems within the bounds of other examinations of the two methods of determining INR:

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/c2.staticflickr.com\/4\/3671\/14252522582_1f85226878_o.jpg"}[/IMG2]

My comparison test was right on. Spouse's XS was 3.2, lab said 4.1. His range 2-3. Lab tests are sent 40 miles away to test site so whatever happened there is unknown. As we all know the lab is the gold standard of testing. Maybe the same surname caused the mix-up but I doubt the real reason will be found--meaning we won't test on the same day.
This same lab was under scrutiny by the Health Department for the improper sanitation of re-useable equipment.
We have an appointment with PCP later this week.
I do not believe the lab and wonder what would happen to another patient not home testing, relying on the lab and PCP for management . With a 50 per cent drop in warfarin recommended for the 4.2 incorrect lab test had that person stroked, warfarin would be blamed. I should have started a separate thread over this.

This incident is on the same level as original poster being denied the number of strips he needs to remain stable recommending monthly testing.

say a little prayer for non-point-of care users.

Latest posts

Back