On-X Aortic Heart Valves: Safer with Less Warfarin On-X Aortic Heart Valves: Safer with Less Warfarin

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the futility (and pointlessness) of worrying about diet WRT INR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the futility (and pointlessness) of worrying about diet WRT INR

tonight is a case in point. I cooked a (very nice thankyou) dinner of Satay Pork with Basmati rice (in tumeric). I had 3 glasses of red wine and am having a glass of brandy after dinner now as I type this.

So in dinner was :
    Spinach : which could reduce INR
    Tumeric : can reduce clotting by platelet influence
    Alcohol: can increase INR
    Pork: no effect, but tastes great
    Garlic : keeps vampires away
    Ginger : just taste

my point is this ... if you're on warfarin, and you're new to this (us "oldies already don't give a rats arse about it) don't stress on diet just eat a balanced diet, eat what you want and enjoy life

monitor your INR and as long as you're "inside the range" don't give a shit about if you've gone up or down 0.3 INR points

Best Wishes

I hear human flesh tastes a lot like pork. Good thing I don't have a high INR, during my current home reno I sliced my finger with a razor ( needed a couple stitches and some glue) 2 weeks ago, cut the same hand with a holesaw today, smashed it with a hammer. My poor left hand is starting to look like Mickey Rourkes face....

Comment

Originally posted by cldlhd View Post
      My poor left hand is starting to look like Mickey Rourkes face....
      Which reminds me, have you seen the movie where he's a wrestler and has heart surgery?

Comment

Originally posted by pellicle View Post

Which reminds me, have you seen the movie where he's a wrestler and has heart surgery?
        Yes I've seen it.

Comment

On this subject
          Originally posted by cldlhd View Post
          I hear human flesh tastes a lot like pork.
          Pigs are in many respects quite genetically simmilar to humans. For instance we learned in the first year of biochemistry that before we synthesized human insulin that pig was favored over bovine because "Pig insulin differs from human insulin by only one amino acid"
          (Ref)

I guess it also depends what you feed them before eating them...

Comment

Originally posted by pellicle View Post
            On this subject

Pigs are in many respects quite genetically simmilar to humans. For instance we learned in the first year of biochemistry that before we synthesized human insulin that pig was favored over bovine because "Pig insulin differs from human insulin by only one amino acid"
            (Ref)

I guess it also depends what you feed them before eating them...
            I'll have to keep that in mind.....

Comment

Working...
            X