Antibiotic affect on INR

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watson524

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hi all,

Mom was in the hospital again for a week on antibiotics. Testing daily in the hospital had her in range with no issues and she's been home a week and I've tested her 3 times. Was 2.6 first time, then 2.5 and today 4.4!!! I'm obviously holding her dose tonite and will be testing again tomorrow but it's crazy how antibiotics affect her. All can be fine an a week after she goes off them things creep up.

She is home with hospice care now but they really haven't changed much other than to have her go back on Gabapentin for leg cramps/RLS but that just started this morning (and she had been on it before with no affect on INR) and then she has some atropine drops to dry up secretions. Her diet is basically the same so other than delayed antibiotic affect, the only other thing I can attribute it to is reduced movement since she's in bed now except for very short times.

Anyone know of a list of antibiotics that are known to cause increases and has anyone ever seen this delayed affect?

thanks!

Latest posts

Back