Tongue Bite while on Blood thinner

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vivekd

Hi,

Last evening, i bite my tongue during happy hour around 6:30 pm. I started bleeding pretty bad, tried couple of items, but it kept on bleeding till 8:45 pm and therefore i checked into ER. They're able to stop the bleeding by trying following things:
a) Applied Ice
b) Pressed bit wound really hard for 30 minutes

They did not stitch tongue wound. It started bleeding again in the morning during brushing, I was able to press on my bite for 10 minutes and it stopped.

After lunch, it started bleeding again and this time it needed 20+ mins to pressing on my bite.

Ended up going to Dental surgeon and they told me the following:
a) Avoid chewing for couple of meals. (May be go on liquid diet for few days, while my bite heals)
b) Press Bite really hard for 10-20 minutes, if it bleeds again.
c) Reduce INR to reduce bleeding. (My INR was 2.5 today, and my INR range is 2-3, so I can bring down my INR closer to 2)
d) Eat more greens for few day.
e) Test INR every day for next 2 days

Any body else has experienced something similar.

All feedbacks are welcome.

-- Vivek

Never had a tongue bite.

Keep an eye on blood loss, ask again at the ER if it's still bleeding. It may actually need stiches.

ER decided not to stitch my tongue. No bleeding in last 20 hours. I'm however being extra cautious and not eating any things that requires chewing. Plan to be on liquid diet, till redness disappears from the tongue.

vivekd;n873982 said:
ER decided not to stitch my tongue. No bleeding in last 20 hours. I'm however being extra cautious and not eating any things that requires chewing. Plan to be on liquid diet, till redness disappears from the tongue.

good to hear, I always reckon a second opinion (especially when dealing with the triage at ER) is a good thing to get ....Anyway, so now that its resolved was "alcohol a factor"

mean time, can we call you Mumbles ;-)

Agian;n873984 said:
Gene Simmons

In case the younger folks don't know KISS

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/www.biography.com\/.image\/c_fit,cs_srgb,dpr_1.0,q_80,w_620\/MTE5NDg0MDYwNDkxNDE3MTAz\/gene-simmons-147831068jpg.jpg"}[/IMG2]

It was happy hour, and i think i had 2 corona beer by the time, it happened, so alcohol may have been a factor. I'm still too nervous to chew anything ,till redness goes away.
Plan to primarily drink liquids (Soups, Coffee, Juice, and Protein shakes) for next 2 days

vivekd;n873986 said:
It was happy hour, and i think i had 2 corona beer by the time

two?

nah ... I think we can rule out alcohol as a factor ... sounds like you were just bloody unlucky.

Glad its on the mend :)

Latest posts

Back