Pretty strange question

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Wasn't even sure where it's most appropriate to post this, but I figured most of the fellow clickers with mech valves would be likeliest to see it in here. Okay just got back home from walking my neighborhood this evening. Twice got the crap scared out of me. First by a dog barking and charging at me down the street! I yelled so loud at this dog I think I must have scared the crap out of him cuz he turned and ran the other direction. But my heart was still pounding! Was just a couple of months ago, almost the exact same thing happened to me but I wasn't as lucky as the dog that charged me that time didn't back down and took a chunk out of my arm as it was jumping to bite my face! So with my heart still racing after this incident and reliving the memory of getting bitten I continued on my walk and literally 5 minutes later I'm still walking further down the same street when I hear a nearby dog barking at me again! This one was at least leashed and held back by its owner. I was so charged up I had a few nice expletives for that poor guy. He told me to have a nice evening.... So I'm left to wonder... Can dogs hear me clicking now? Am I "ticking" these canines off? All my life I've never had a fear of dogs, but I've quickly developed one. Is this a crazy question or might there be something to it when considering the hyper sensitive hearing of these canines who maybe don't know what to make of this guy that clicks?

Agian;n868024 said:
I certainly haven't noticed. You're not a mailman are you?

LOL, no not a mail man. Just got used to the walking routine when i was still rehabbing from surgery and so I like to keep doing it.

Never look at a dog Almost. Never make any eye contact with a dog and they're less likely to bark or come to you.. I always used to look at dogs when I passed one on a walk and the things would always bound up to me - then one helpful owner told me to never look at a dog as they take that as an invitation to engage in some way, either positivie or negative. Now when passing near a dog I deliberately look the other way - it seems to work.

Last edited:
almost_hectic;n868022 said:
I posted this, guess I wasn't logged in.
I have a similar problem on the beach around where I live. Morons with no ability to read signs (saying dogs on leads at all times) have their dogs running up and down the beaches all the time. Even dog owners have problems with their dogs being mauled by bigger dogs

So I bought one of these:

http://www.dazer.com/dog-deterrent.jsp

seems to work well enough and stops them in their tracks. The sound of the surf is loud, so I wait till they're almost upon me before letting them have it.

This problem even happens at night (which I tried to perhaps avoid the D__kheads, but it only lowers it to infrequent (making it almost worse).

I don't think they're hearing my valve (over the noise) I just think its the poor training / discipline from the owners.

You can find a few reviews on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0huQcJhutM

pellicle;n868047 said:
I have a similar problem on the beach around where I live. Morons with no ability to read signs (saying dogs on leads at all times) have their dogs running up and down the beaches all the time. Even dog owners have problems with their dogs being mauled by bigger dogs

So I bought one of these:

http://www.dazer.com/dog-deterrent.jsp

seems to work well enough and stops them in their tracks. The sound of the surf is loud, so I wait till they're almost upon me before letting them have it.

This problem even happens at night (which I tried to perhaps avoid the D__kheads, but it only lowers it to infrequent (making it almost worse).

I don't think they're hearing my valve (over the noise) I just think its the poor training / discipline from the owners.

You can find a few reviews on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0huQcJhutM

I was thinking more like a stun gun. The noise is enough to scare any animal Ive ever seen plus if it doesn't I can at least drop the charing dog too. https://www.amazon.com/Vipertek-VTS...UTF8&qid=1472482967&sr=1-10&keywords=stun+gun

I was thinking some kind of repellent. Not sure why you gave it to the guy who had his dog on a leash though other than if your nerves got the best of you.

cldlhd;n868058 said:
I was thinking some kind of repellent. Not sure why you gave it to the guy who had his dog on a leash though other than if your nerves got the best of you.

yeah that was all it was. although it kinda puzzles me why people have aggressive dogs as pets. I just mean he apologized to me but he didn't try and correct his dogs behavior

the owner of the dog that bit me a couple months ago swore her dog wasn't aggressive at all. not what id heard from other neighbors. heres is what a dog bite on coumadin looks like. https://www.instagram.com/p/BExMTXhw79F/

I can understand not wanting to get bit , even more so if you're on coumadin and seeing you just got bit I can see being a bit on guard. As for the aggressive pet thing I don't understand getting one intentionally but you can't always know an individual dogs temperament as a puppy .

cldlhd;n868064 said:
I can understand not wanting to get bit , even more so if you're on coumadin and seeing you just got bit I can see being a bit on guard. As for the aggressive pet thing I don't understand getting one intentionally but you can't always know an individual dogs temperament as a puppy .

I agree every dog is different, but i think people are either lazy or naive if they dont see the need to discipline their dog for aggressive behavior.

Hey I noticed you're in Florida don't you guys have a lot more to worry about than dogs? Like alligators, zika? Seems like when I watch the news something crazy is happening in that state.

Gators, zika, hurricanes, crazies doing crazy stuff. Yeah things get kinda nuts down here, although not much where I live. Im in Naples and rich folks and old folks are the norm. The rest of us here live in their world.

Back