On-X LTI 15 Years of Clinical Excellence On-X LTI 15 Years of Clinical Excellence

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Welcome to the New VR.org!

Thank you for your patience while we continue to fine tune the site. All paid registrations will be extended for whatever duration of time it takes us to get things working properly.
See more
See less

Online Coumadin Dosing Calculator

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Coumadin Dosing Calculator

http://www.pace-med-apps.com/CoumCalc.htm

Thanks for sharing. I tried it out and was pleased that the on-line calculator matched what my pump head brain (trained by Al's chart) would do.
    [COLOR="Navy"]Faye J[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"]Co-Arctation Repair 1963
    AVR and Ascending Aorta Replacement 9-5-07[/COLOR]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]"Don't wait for a great day, go out and [B]make it[/B] a great day!"[/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

This is neat...my husband was trying to creat such a system for me using Al's chart as a guide. But of course, he did not have the time yet. Will show him this. Thanks for sharing, Ross.

Question: What day should I put at the top? Day 1 or day 6?
      Eva

Aortic & Mitral valves replaced with St. Jude Mechanical valves @ age 57 on 9/2/08

INR home tester/Coagucheck

Forum Rules: " .... medical opinions expressed in this forum are the personal opinions of individuals. No person should at any time
      act on the information contained herein without the express consent of your own physician."

Comment

Don't use both parts. Either your just starting or your continuing. All you need fill in is either the total weekly amount your taking or the daily amount your taking and check the appropriate box and set what your current INR is and calculate.

Comment

doubts

hi ross

in the past, you have expressed concerns about the accuracy of online inr calculators.

is this a proven system that you have got faith in?

Comment

Sweet!

Thanks!
            Riding the INR bubble

Comment

Originally posted by westie View Post
              hi ross

in the past, you have expressed concerns about the accuracy of online inr calculators.

Westie, I believe you are referring to the software programs that we have discussed in the past and had concerns about.
              This one is more of a fancy calculator. It's perfect.
              BAV-Aortic Stenosis...AVR Oct 11, 2005 / St.Jude Regent mechanical 21mm
              INR Home testing since 2007 with Coaguchek XS...Self-Dosing

"Caution: I may have been in contact with Nuts"

Comment

Originally posted by westie View Post
                hi ross

Software programs I don't trust until they've proven correct. This calculator comes up with the same answers I would on my own calculator.

Comment

This calculator just take the guidelines (such as I've always used from this site http://www.aafp.org/afp/990201ap/635.html) and uses it as the basis for it's calculations. I've found it helpful. Not as much brain work.

Comment

can anyone lead me to ALS CHARTS
                    Aortic valve replacement with double bypass November22/2010
                    Dr Mary Lee Myers
                    London Health Science Hospital

Comment

Originally posted by bigsidster View Post
                      can anyone lead me to ALS CHARTS
                      Al Lodwick has recently retired and so has his Warfarinfo web site.
                      BAV-Aortic Stenosis...AVR Oct 11, 2005 / St.Jude Regent mechanical 21mm
                      INR Home testing since 2007 with Coaguchek XS...Self-Dosing

"Caution: I may have been in contact with Nuts"

Comment

I found this today:

http://www.pharmgkb.org/download.act...or_6-19-09.xls

seems very close to my dose. Given I don't know my factors for VKORC1 or CYP2C9 genotype I tried a few options and found my does in the middle of the various ranges generated by the various settings for these.

Comment

Working...
                        X