Hot tub after surgery?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy & Robyn

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how long it will be after surgery that you can use a hot tub? We have one outside and I thought it would be great for relieving the muscle soreness that seems to follow OHS. I am sure the incision would have to be healed first. But I am also aware that the high temperature of the water can wreak havoc with blood pressure.

I will certainly ask my cardiologist but was just wondering if anyone here had any experience.

Randy

They told me 8 weeks for the Hot Tub. I don't think it's the temps, but the bacteria that can cause infection at incision.

Dan

inlaguna said:
They told me 8 weeks for the Hot Tub. I don't think it's the temps, but the bacteria that can cause infection at incision.

Dan

What Dan said. I've got a mechanical mitral valve and go hot-tubbing all the time. Just wait 'til your incision is healed up.

Randy,
I was told showers were OK but no hot baths.
I would think six to eight weeks probably would be what he says.
I can tell you that first hot bath was fantastic! :D

Thanks, everyone. That makes me feel much better. I know it will be a great feeling climbing into that hot tub for the first time postop.

Randy

Latest posts

Back