PDA

View Full Version : It's Time For Me To Say Goodbye To My Grandmother....

Harrybaby666
February 8th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Friends,

I got the news tonight that the time has come for me to say goodbye to my grandmother.....My dad took her to the hospital yesterday after she had been having more severe stabbing head pains and they have discovered that she has a lemon sized Glioblastoma Multiforme Brain Tumor Stage 4 (Terminal) and they have said that it's time for her to say goodbye and we say goodbye to her...please pardon the way this is written, as I am unimaginably upset right now....The doctors have said that she hasn't got very long at all, and I just am totally heartbroken. My brother and I will be going up to my parents as soon as possible....I just can't believe that this is happening...I know she's 87 and all, but with everything else....Harrybaby is absolutely, positively unquestionably heartbroken I am sorry for venting, but I did want to let you all know....Heartbroken Harrybaby:( :( :( :( :( :(

geebee
February 8th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Harry,

My thoughts, hugs and prayers are with you. Please take care and know we are loving you here.

marciemarine
February 8th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Harry,
My sympathies to you and your family. It must be hard to say goodbye to your beloved grandmother! When my mother-in-law died she hadn't been well for a while, but she was going to the hospital from her nursing home for a blood transfusion and my husband and his sister went with her and she passed quite unexpectedly. We expected that she would die sometime, but weren't prepared for her to go so quickly. At least two of her three children were there with her. It happened on my husband's birthday. Again, I extend my sympathy at this sad time. Marcie

lynn
February 8th, 2007, 04:54 PM
I'm so sorry :(

WayneGM
February 8th, 2007, 04:56 PM
So very sorry to hear the sad news. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Susan BAV
February 8th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Very sorry, Harry.

readsforfun
February 8th, 2007, 05:25 PM
I am so sorry, Harry. My grandmother was very special to me and I know what a loss that can be. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Jan

Superbob
February 8th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Harry,

I know how heartbreaking that can be. My sincerest sympathy to you,

Mary
February 8th, 2007, 06:17 PM
I'm so very sorry to read this news, Harry. Please take care.

Nancy
February 8th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Very sad news to hear, Harry. I know you love her very much and she knows that too. God Bless.

kodi
February 8th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Harry,
It's always hard to say goodbye especially to someone that is close to us and has touched our lives in so many ways. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and especially grandma at this time of need.
Mel

perkicar
February 8th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Harry,
So sorry to hear of your pain. ((((((((((((((((Harrybaby)))))))))))))))))Here's a hug for you and a shoulder to cry on. It's never easy to let them go, but she will know how much she is loved and will be missed.

Harrybaby666
February 8th, 2007, 07:03 PM
For all the kind words....Losing my grandmother, as with any family member or friend the ultimate in devastation....I just wanted to make sure that I thank all of you as these next few days I am sure are going to be very trying...Right Now, all I can think of is all of the summers that I have spent with my grandparents and how much fun and love they were filled with and gave to my brothers and I. Please know that I will carry with me, as I go through this journey, everyone's words of wisdom and strength which I know will see me my family and my grandmother through this. Thank You All Again...Harrybaby:( :) :(

Tom F.
February 8th, 2007, 07:15 PM
I am sorry for your loss. But its not goobye. I believe we will see our loved ones on the other side, we will be with them, and we will love them still. I may be wrong on this. But I look forward to seeing my parents and grandparents again. Its not that I have this strong belief in a church, its that I have faith in love. But in any event, hang in there and you have my prayers.

Karlynn
February 8th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Harry, judging from how very upsetting this is for you - she must have been a wonderful wonderful grandmother. God be with you and yours as you say goodbye to someone so dear.

Phyllis
February 8th, 2007, 07:48 PM
So sorry Harry and I hope all your fond memories will give you the strength you need in the days and months ahead.

Andrew'sMom
February 8th, 2007, 07:54 PM
So sorry to read your post Harry. You and your family are in my prayers. Your grandmother sounds like a loving, beautiful & wonderful person. May the peace of God be with you during this sad time.

briansmom
February 8th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Everything hits hard at times like these. My family's thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Mama2Rylan
February 8th, 2007, 07:58 PM
I'm very sorry to hear your devestating news Harry:( You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care....

Wise
February 8th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Gosh Harry, so sorry to hear about your grandma. I really feel for you and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. May God's peace comfort you during this very difficult time in your life. Wise

WendyD
February 8th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Harry,we are saddened to read your news, our thoughts go with you through this difficult time
Ernie & Wendy

knightfan2691
February 8th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Harry,

Very sorry :(.

Thoughts/prayers coming your way....

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"My time here is over" ... Patty Loveless ... 'How Can I Help You Say Goodbye?'

twinmaker
February 8th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Harry, I'm so terribly sorry for what you are going through right now. It's easy to see how very much you love your grandmother, and she knows that. I will be keeping you and your family and grandmother in my prayers. LINDA

PegB
February 8th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Harry,
You hold on tightly to all those wonderful thoughts of your summers with your grandparents, and it's those memories that are going to get you through this. It's the happy times that your grandmother wants you to be thinking of right now. As long as we have our memories, those we love are never truly gone.
Know that you have our love and prayers to help you cope. God's blessings to you all.

aussigal
February 8th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Oh dear Harry...
I can remember how heartbroken I was when my beloved Grammie went to Heaven...
Thoughts and Prayers for strength and fond memories

lcwhitney
February 9th, 2007, 01:25 AM
I Am So Very Sorry To Hear This :( . Grandmothers Are All Very Special People.they Teach Us So Much You And Your Family Will Be In Our Prayers.

Lettitia

tobagotwo
February 9th, 2007, 04:14 AM
I am sorry this is such a sad time for you. However, that you get to say goodbye is a blessing many of us do not experience. I hope your pain is supplanted by many good memories of her.

Be well,

EireCara
February 9th, 2007, 04:23 AM
Dear Harold....So sorry to hear your very sad news. Hold on to your memories. Thoughts and prayers for you during this very difficult time. )))))hugs(((((

hensylee
February 9th, 2007, 04:29 AM
Dear Harry, God must have made you with very wide shoulders because you carry a very big load, seemingly constantly. Many of us hold our Grandmother up as a saint - I certainly did, and she was. I still miss her to this day - I was given her name at birth, then took her grandmother name (Nanny). I think you feel the same about your grandmother. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep the good thoughts of her, but treasure the opportunity to say goodbye. She will hear you.

terryj
February 9th, 2007, 04:42 AM
Harry, I am so sorry for this news. My maternal grandmother died 37 years ago(Big Mama) and my fraternal grandmother(Granny) died 36 years ago. I loved them both so much and I stll think of them often after all these years. I try to be the type of grandmother to my grandkids that they were. So, I have 9 very spoiled grandchildren. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

NascarfanMary
February 9th, 2007, 04:48 AM
My prayers are with you and your family. Grandmothers are one of the dearest blessings in life. God will put his arms around all of you to comfort you and give you strength.

I recently lost a cousin who was 46 years old, and my father (the minister) talked at the funeral service, how God picks the flowers for his bouquet. He will pick small ones, they are the buds. Then he may pick a flower that has not fully bloomed, but will soon. Then he picks the beautiful flower that is blooming. Those he needs for his Bouquet. So your Grandmother is the flower that has been blooming and is so very beautiful. She will make his bouquet lovely.

Hope this gives you some comfort. It helped her 2 small children understand why mommy was gone. It helped me too as an adult. I know that you have many memories stored inside and those are things that can't be taken away. May God Bless You.

Mb
February 9th, 2007, 05:18 AM
Dear Harry:

We are so sorry for your loss. It is, though, so great, that what you are thinking of at this time, is the wonderful memories you have of your grandmother. Hold those close. She lives in your heart, and you will see her again......one day.

God bless you, and your family.

Marybeth

Ross
February 9th, 2007, 05:58 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that it's like this Harry. Thoughts, prayers and all are with all of you.

catwoman
February 9th, 2007, 06:06 AM
Harry:

My condolences to your entire family on what they are going through right now and what is yet to come. I'm sure you gave your grandmother a very big hug and kiss.

Grandmothers are very special.
I lost one grandmother age 95, the other at 99 years, 5 months in 2001. Both had been in declining health for some time. I still have on my refrigerator photos of the second one at her 99th birthday party (1/6/2001) and some taken that Valentine's Day at the nursing home where she lived. She was a twin, and I have her and her brother's baby portrait in my office at home. I have many memories of her.

Now is the time to reflect on your memories of your grandmother and store them away in your computer -- before time causes them to fade.

fyrfytr
February 9th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Hey Harry,
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Glenda
February 9th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Harry, God's arms are around you. Hugs and prayers are coming your way. Remember the good times with Grandma, they are priceless.

annie10
February 9th, 2007, 02:42 PM
(((((((((((Harry & Family)))))))))))

Kathleen
February 9th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Harry
If you gauge how much you love your grandmother then times it by infinity that is the amount she loves you. Grandmothers never ever leave us they are just in a different area around us.
From Grandma Kathy

Lynlw
February 9th, 2007, 07:39 PM
I am very sorry to hear this Harry, Lyn

Praline
February 9th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Harry, I am so sorry to hear your news.I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Emma
February 10th, 2007, 05:19 AM
Oh Harry, I really feel for you. As others have said, grandmas have such a special place in our lives. I was totally heartbroken when I lost my Grandma so am sending you lots of love, hugs and strength.
With love
Emma
xxx

Harrybaby666
February 10th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Hi All,

My brother and I just got home from visiting my grandmother and parents, and it was an awesome visit, and I got to tell my grandmother just how much she means to me, and thanked her for just being my grandmum...It was very hard to see just how much further she has failed since I saw her at thanksgiving, and I guess it's part of life, but I am truly blessed to have been able to have the time with her to say these things. I want you all to know that I thank all of you so much for your help in seeing me through this very sad time, and it was your words of kindness, wisdom and love that is helping me sustain during this time. Love and Blessings from Harrybaby:o :o :D :o :o

geebee
February 10th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Harry,

So happy to hear that you had such a great visit with your Grandma. I know you will be comforted by that for the rest of your life. It is very precious when we are able to say goodbye.

Still praying for you and sending hugs.

hensylee
February 11th, 2007, 04:21 AM
I am so glad you got to go to be with her, Harry. What a great family gathering. You will always love her and remember the good things about her.